cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Import Declaration prior to Good Receipt with Alternate UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we face a business scenario where a Purchase Order for a few vendors are created with an Alternate UoM (LB) rather than the BUoM (PC). The Worklist for the Creation of an Import Declaration Declaration prior to Goods Receipt allows one to create a Declaration with open Quantity in the Purchase Order Base UoM rather than choosing the Alternate UoM. Though this field is displayed in the worklist it is not against which the Import Declaration is created. This would cause the declaration to be reflecting a different Quantity.

The question out to the group is, is this a scenario which has been observed earlier. Also what alternatives do we have in this case?

Please consider the fact that for a particular material in the feeder there are examples of Purchase Documents being generated with Base UoM and Alternate UoM and the same is reflected in the Customs Document- Purchasing Document level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Perhaps I haven't completely understood the problem, but...

You say that only SOME of the vendors use the Alternate UoM.  Does that mean that sometimes you want the Declaration to be created in the Base UoM, and sometimes in the Alternate UoM?  Or do you always want to use just one UoM for that product in GTS?

I can understand that, at the moment you always see the Base UoM quantity in the work-list, but I wonder why that confuses anyone - don't you always create the Declaration for the full quantity, whatever it is?

As part of a fix, you could over-write the quantity and UoM in the ERP BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_MM0A_R3 so that you get consistent data in GTS.  Would that help?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Even I am also facing the same issue.  Could you please provide some thoughts on this.

Regards,

Chalapathi G.