cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import barcode scanning functionality in C4C ABSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are trying to implement one functionality where , on click of custom button

one function should trigger from our ABSL language,

and it should contain code on how could we take access of mobile camera , and reading out barcode (could be product id )

and then once it detected that ID from barcode , based on ID , will be performing further operations ,

So could you guys out there help me out with the feasibility of this thing is this is possible in SAP cloud studio,

where we have some libraries those contains Barcode functions.

Thanks,

Bhupinder.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupinder,

Triggering native functionality like the camera etc. is something that we don't support as of today with custom development.

This is something we will look at in our product roadmap for the upcoming releases.

Regards,

Ankan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankan ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Far as Remember this Functionality (Access to the Camera) is not possible to implement. I once hat to analyze how the Business Card Scanning Functionality available in C4C mobile App and I found that this button doesn't have even an EeventHandler or something like that but It still work.

I assume this special functionality has been extra programmed in the App itself. 

but anyway you can try to check this functionality.

Best regards

Bahjat

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bhajat ,

as you have already done some RnD on this ,

is it possible to see such screens and event handlers by stimulating screen through desktop itself ?

or other way would be to open mobile screen in UI designer and finding event handlers related to scan button right ?

Thanks,

Bhupinder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find see the button in the UI Designer by enhancing the object for LEADS and then enhance the mobile screen!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bahjat,

I have enhaced the Lead object and selected COD_Leads_Owl screen ,

but I could not find scan button over there ,

reason could be is may not be mobile screen,

if possible, or if you could remind of the screen you opened and how could I change desktop screen to mobile screen to see its buttons , it would be a great help in my analysis .

Thanks