cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface to Non SAP MFS(ASRS) System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm planning to interface the EWM to Non-SAP ASRS system and following the Fully Automated Warehouse as a Black Box process.

For this my querie is  how I need to fetch the data from non SAP system ?

Is we need to maintain any custom tables and from there we have to fetch the data or any ?

Pls provide your valuable inputs for the same.

Thanks

Venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

First of all, you need an agent between EWM and PLC source. The agent is a converter, it can be Plant Connectivity or another custom .net solution. You need this agent to communicate with PLC source. ABAP cannot communicate directly with PLC controllers.

See SAP Help for further instructions; Setting Up MFS for Case Conveyor Systems - Material Flow System (MFS) - SAP Library

Best regards

MUNAFF

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Check from non sap system what and all information needs to be received from EWM to non SAP ARRS system for the operation. how a handling unit can be moved on the conveyor in non sap asrs system by receiving datas from EWM... this information you have to pass through interface.

so non sap asrs can work with these information and performs actions like putaway, removal of hu etc... later non sap asrs has to send information back to EWM... this is also you have to put it in the interface... then u store it in EWM.... 

regards,

Jobi

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are going with Non SAP MFS system, it is required to establish a communication channel for various object types like PLC,Telegram Type ,communication point & Resource.

where the operational environment for MFS queues are not relevant for RF,Non- RF 'or' MFS. So we need to maintain the customized table to trace the queue flows between SAP & Non SAP against the PLC.

To update the telegram statuses between SAP and Non SAP ,it is required to maintained customized tables.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your responses,

Here my requirement is that I don't want to use PLC for MFS system, because I'm planning to implement for non SAP ASRS(MFS) system which is  controlled by third party(non - SAP) ASRS system only.

From EWM I will perform following tasks to send the stock details.

i.e . GR w.r.t Inbound delivery in to my storage type - GR Zone

Warehouse Task to destination Bin  for the Putaway(in ASRS Bin).

Once the task is send to ASRS, carrying of the material flow will be handled  in the ASRS and stock will be putaway in the ASRS Bin, but after that ASRS needs to send back the status to EWM to update the stock in my Bin.

For this is I need to create Same storage bins in EWM & ASRS ? If the Bins are not same in the system is the stock comparison will available ?

How should I maintain the data flow to exchange the same ?

Is I need to create the custom table to store the details ?

Regards,

Venu

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here you can not connect the non SAP AS/RS as a storage type in EWM. try to create AS/RS as a storage location and move the stocks ( GR staging  ) to new storage location ( AS/RS ) and then receive at your bins ( ex : AFS storage location ) by using interfaces. here you can connect the dummy SLOC to your EWM system to update the flow of products.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

Thanks fo ryour instance answer, but I dont want use my AS/RS as SLOC. I want to use as per the below screen.This graphic is explained in the accompanying text

So as per above process, how should I follow the custom table creation and what are the required fields to maintain or I need to follow the flat file(.csv) process.

Regards,

Venu

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

normally in this scenario, the AS/RS is defined as a storage type(e.g. ASRS) and one single bin. for future reusability we write a code that when storage type in WT is ASRS then move this WT to ASRS system(which is against define as a Logical system)

Once WT reach to ASRS system, based on the availability of bin ASRS system will perform the storage bin search and allocate the final bin so in totality summation of all the bin at ASRS should be equal to your stock in storage type ASRS in EWM

This way you can avoid multiple master data(Storage bin) creation

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

First of all, you need an agent between EWM and PLC source. The agent is a converter, it can be Plant Connectivity or another custom .net solution. You need this agent to communicate with PLC source. ABAP cannot communicate directly with PLC controllers.

See SAP Help for further instructions; Setting Up MFS for Case Conveyor Systems - Material Flow System (MFS) - SAP Library

Best regards

Serhan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you do it just as in ERP.

In the warehouse number you maintain that the connection to a subsystem is enabled.

And the details you set up in the IMG path Extended Warehouse Management --> Interfaces --> Non-SAP Systems --> Connect Subsystem.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fo ryour input Juergen, but my question is is I need to maintain any tables to fetch the data from non sap systems and also I need to get any access details from non sap systems ?

Thanks

Venu

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you read the documentation available at the customizing node I wrote?

Brgds

Juergen