cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving/shipping calender modeling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm in a scenario where I cannot find a proper solution for.

Imagine plant A and B are receiving from plant C. However, plant A cannot receive in the weekends, but plant B can.

Available options are:

1) change receiving calender of plant A to monday till friday 

2) change shipping calender of plant C, enter non working days on thursday and friday so no receipts will be created on sat+sunday on plants A and B. (2 days transport time in transportation lane)

Both options are not desired.

1) Changing the whole calender will involve also articles that actually can be delivered in the weekends.

2) This will disturb plant B, who can receive in the weekend. No more reqs will be created in the weekend either.

How can this be set up properly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create different Time Stream IDs using the based calendar in the T-code /SAPAPO/CALENDAR - Calendar. You can create time stream with 5 days working and attach this as receiving calendar in location A and you would have another time stream with 7 days working and attach this as receiving calendar in location B.

I am sure this will fix your issue. Please let me know if you require any addtional information about it.

Thanks and Regards

Amol

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Amol.  What is wrong with this option. 

What did you mean by:

Both options are not desired.

1) Changing the whole calender will involve also articles that actually can be delivered in the weekends.

tom_chason
Explorer
0 Kudos

Maybe he means he has certain products that can be received on the weekends but others that cannot be therefore he doesn't want to update the location. 

I am unaware of anything standard where you can have product specific receiving calendars.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True.. That is a feature every client has and I am not sure why SAP did not code this feature.

It would be easy to have a receiving/shipping calendar in the product master versus location master.

We had to use a user exit to use a receiving calendar defined in a Z-table to accomodate this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly Tom and Kenneth. That's what I meant. Some materials/material ranges can be received in the weekend and some cannot.

So if I understand it right.... There's no basic option to model this situation.....

Totally Agree with your quote Kenneth:

''It would be easy to have a receiving/shipping calendar in the product master versus location master."