Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lots in ECC Avaialability

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In gATP world, when the inspection lots are created -> these are shown as elements in the Product view and they are easily identified with the corresponding numbers.

However, in ECC ATP solution - I can't see them in MD04 view. I just wonder what could be going wrong here. I am using stock transfer QM setup (087). Also, I wonder once we create the STO from PLant 1 to pLant 2, do we need to manually create the inspection lots are do they get created at GI time ? or may be at GR time at the receiving location ?

I am kind of confused with this setup.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure how much we can help here as I think most of this would be an ATP questions.  It looks like you made a similar posting in the ATP area.  Please make sure you let us know if you get a solution from there and than close this thread out.  I can't help you with the gATP and the ECC ATP differences.

As far as the QM part of your question: The 89 lot will get created automatically at GR time in the receiving plant provided 89 is activated for the material in the receiving plant.

The 89 set up in the sending plant has no affect.

.What APO SHOULD be looking at to figure out availability date should be the expected GR date fot the STO PLUS the GR processing time. 

This means that the GR processing time should be at least the same as, or greater than the average inspection duration used in the 89 lot.  (this can cause conflicit with 01 and 04 lots if you have more than one way of getting the material).

Once the 89 inspection lot is created, APO will then use the end date of the created inspection lot. As a result, unless you have carefully considered the GR processing times and average inspection duration when you set up the material, there is a good chance your availability date in ATP will be changed after the GR of the STO.

So.. for instance.. GR processing time = 9 days.

89 average inspection duration = 7 days.

An STO is created, expected delivery date is calculated to be Jan 15, 2016.

APO should see an availablity of Jan 24, 2016 (Jan 15 + 9 days) and no inspection lot info yet.

On Jan 15, the shipment arrvies, after GR the inspection lot is created and inspection lot end date is current date + avg. inspec. duration = Jan 24, 2016.

If however, you failed to properly account for inspection time in the GR processing time you get the below scenario.

GR processing time = 1 day

89 average inspection duration = 7 days

Expected delivery date is Jan 15, 2016.

APO sees an availability of Jan 16.  (Jan 15 + 1 day of GR processing time)

But when the GR is down, the insepction lot is created with an end date of Jan 22.  (current GR date of Jan 15 + AID of 7 days).

Now APO of the material changes from an original planned date of Jan 16, to Jan 22.

I hope this helps.

Craig

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the answer and Apologies for the late response.

I could see a bit more from your answer, however what I fail to understand is how does it work in ECC when APO doesn't play any role. Does it mean when a STO is created from Plant 1 to Plant 2 and if the QM setup is activated the inspection lot would then be generated automatically while doing the GR at the Plant 2 ?  Why is it that I don't see these inspection lots in the MD04 view ? Don't they account as availability elements in ECC ATP module ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu -

the QM Inspection lot is created when the movement happens - e.g., the Goods Receipt from STO, or Purchase order, or Process Order (unless you have the Inspection Type set to Early Lot Creation)

Once you receive the batch at plant 2 you should see the inspection lot quantity in MD04 - with an Available date equal to the Inspection Lot End date

Hope that helps -

Seth Cromley

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig, Seth,

Thanks for your valuable replies. New to QM module and hence the confusion. Now, I seem to connect the dots and your answers are quite detailed.

Craig -

On the below statement yours,

On Jan 15, the shipment arrvies, after GR the inspection lot is created and inspection lot end date is current date + avg. inspec. duration = Jan 24, 2016.

I assume you meant 22nd Jan ? Right ? Jan 15 is the day on which the shipment arrived on the receiving plant + 7 days of AID.

The other example at the bottom i.e., GR Processing time of 1 day playing a role with inspection lot duration of 7 days seem to be clear to me.

Thanks a lot for your patience. Appreciate it !!

Cheers,

Babu Kilari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. you are correct.  Going back and looking at the example it should have been Jan 22.

Craig

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification. Things got clarified and also I tested them in my system and made more sense. It looks like I initially didn't setup some master data which kept me in the grey area around this.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Babu Kilari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW :  I got a bit confused on the 087 inspection setup and in my reply I referenced 89.  89 is usually a manual inspection type.  I'm not sure where you got the 087 inspection setup unless that is like a special one created for one of the specialized solutons like EWMS or something else.

STO's typically trigger an 08 inspectoin type in the plant receiving the STO if the 08 is activated there.

In standard ECC QM really doesn't care about APO.  It does it's own thing.  It's APO that cares about QM and uses the end-dates of the inspection lots in it's availability calculations if the lots existed.  If an inspec. lot does not exist, but QM is active, it uses the GR processing time in it's calculation until such time as the lot gets created.

Craig