Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Actual Costs and Budget in CN41/CN41N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this before? 

In CN41 / CN41N, actual cost and budget are all 0.  But in the CJE0 reports, it is getting displayed correctly (not 0).

I am encountering this in our DEV server, but in QAS CN41/CN41N is working well.  I have no configuration related to Information System (except value category which is green in cjvc).  the rest are standard profiles (database profile, info profile).

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I really appreciate all suggestions, they helped me to eliminate the different possibilities.

But actually what happened during testing is in CN41N, i put * in project then execute, all budget and actual cost are 0. 

In s_alr_87013558, (or cje0, 12KST1A) i put * in project then execute, values are getting displayed in actual and budget.

The problem it seems that there is a project belonging to a different controlling area (dummy data in dummy cont area).  so when i put * in the project definition field, the controlling area of the dummy data is getting adopted which leads to 0 values being displayed.  whereas in the cje0 reports, controlling area is explicitly set so the correct controlling area is used.

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you run CN41 or CN41N SAP makes temporary postings that are called Elimination of Internal Business Processes.  This essentially backs out settlements so you will see where the cost initially occurred.  There is a SAP Note that describes this process.

If you have Value Categories configured correctly and have run CJEN there might be a problem with this Elimination process.  Put in a SAP Incident.

Make sure you are selecting and viewing the correct CO Version (usually CO version 0).

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

One addition to Ken: In value categories configuration, do not put the expense cost elements and settlement cost elements to the same category. Eliminate the settlement cost element from the expense value category.

Most of the time this makes the trick.

regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for all the replies.

1. comparing with cji3 and cji1 is consistent with the cje0 reports, values are displayed correctly

2. data in tables (rpsco, coss, cosp) are consistent

3. i have executed reconstruct cjen several times (not test run)

4. my goal is not to compare the reports per se, i am aware they are different reports but my point is that cn41/cn41n should NOT display the actuals/budget as 0 since there are amounts posted.

again, in my cn41/cn41n reports, actual cost and budget is displaying 0 for all projects.

it seems there is a problem with the way my cn41 program is retrieving the costs thats why im trying to ask if others encountered similar.

thanks again,

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I am still thinking whether notes are helpful, since CN41 is working in Quality. I found below note, which was describing some inconsistency in actual columns.

This looks like the settlements are included, so the value has become zero. Please verify whether the settlements are done both in DEV and Quality for the project

51971 - Hierarchy reports: Displaying actual costs after settlement

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I hope you were analyzing on the existing projects data base and finding this issue. Can you create a fresh project with the necessary values and check whether the values or flowing to have some clarity.

Regards.

Vara prasad.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You are saying it is happening in development only, what about budget values in development client?

CN41 is structure over view of the project.Why you are comparing CN41 with cje0 and cji3.

CJE0 & CJI3 are completly different reports for budget realated.Can you post screen shots of development and quality for CN41 pls for my analysis,

Regards,

pardhu

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

execute database reconstruct so inconsistency will remove.

thanks

Sunil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Do cross check in reports CJI3 and CJI1, whether you are getting the values. Also check in tables RPSCO and COSS/COSP for the values.

In case if you still feel the difference, try to reconstruct the project CJEN and check

Regards

Terence