Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single input variable and return for that month and previous 6 months values

haripriya_pampana
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  all,

1. is there any method like in bex offsets.

please let me know when i providing value for the month and it should return that month and previous 6 months values.

2. is there any way that we create global variable. i have created 7 queries and i have created 7 month variables. these queries are sources for BO dashboard.

when i run the dashboard it is displaying 7 month variables.

if we create global variable in hana and use this variable in all the queries.that will display single variable in BO dashboard.

please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first point. Please check below

You need to create a derived table in Data Foundation Layer of Universe in IDT. The query should have the placeholder syntax for the input parameter.

Follow these steps:

1. Create a parameter in data foundation of IDT. This will be the prompt visible to the end user while executing the report.

2.Create a derived table in Data foundation in IDT

3. Use the following syntax for the SQL required in derived table:

SELECT <col1>,<col2>... FROM <viewname> ('PLACEHOLDER'=('$$IP_PSTNG_DATE$$',<prompt>))

In the above syntax, PLACEHOLDER is a keyword,

'$$IP_PSTNG_DATE$$' is the input parameter created by you in your view and <prompt> should be replaced by the actual prompt created by you in step 1.

Now create your business layer using this derived table. This should bind the Input Parameter with the front end prompt.

Thanks

HA