cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks integration in ECTR - Characters/BOM Sequence Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

1. When ECTR creating Material Numbers based on Document, can it copy the document's Classification-Characteristics information to the Material?

2.  When designers working in 3D CAD software, they normally draw the objects by assembly sequence.

For example:

In SolidWorks the sequence of parts:

But when displaying assembly and part structure in ECTR, it shows different sequence between parts:

Can we do some configuration to control the sequence?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

se_kie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Question 1:

We do not recommend to have redundant places for the same information on document and material. There should be only one place for that.

So it is not possible with standard configuration direct at the creation of materials to copy classification values from document. There could be maybe a BAdI solution for that.

We recommend to use the attribute transfer ( attributes-to-sap.xml) to put values into the material classification during the save of a document in the CAD. See configuration guide.

Question 2:

You can change the tree sort order inside the ECTR Assemblies structure window with the "layout manager". But there is no criteria like "CAD sequence of parts" for that.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Your answer is very useful and guiding.

Could you pls provide me your email, if I have further issue on CAD integration with ECTR.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Martin

se_kie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I think that the PLM community in SCN is the right place for such questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

For your question on passing the Classification values of Documents into Materials classification via CAD Integration , I think this can be achieved using CDESK_CUS transaction and properly selecting the required Attribute Name for Material and Matching Document Classification value from "Determination Type" and Determination Parameter.

Determination Type should be "Additional Data from Document"

Try exploring more on it. I remember I used this long before.

BR,

SM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhuananth
Participant
0 Kudos

se.kie , with reference to Question 2, ie. BoM sequence in SAP not matching the sequence within the CAD, do the newer versions of ECTR support this. Are there any enhancements or configurations that will help achieve this requirement? Let me give you an example with reference to SolidWorks. As you know we can generate BoM table within SolidWorks and it follows the way the parts and subassemblies are assembled. However within ECTR, the sequence of the documents do not align with the way they are assembled in SolidWorks and the BoM sequence generated through ECTR do not match with the BoM table inserted within SolidWorks.