Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 - Reference user "blocked"

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we face the following problem:

In SU01 there is the field "Reference User". If we try to maintain a reference user here, and hit save, the user gets saved, without errors. Then if you open the user again, the reference user field contains only the string "blocked" and not the refuser we wanted.

We have traced and debugged. The table USREFUS gets updated with the correct reference user. That is what we see in ABAP.

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks and cheers

Boldi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reference uses dont care about validity or lock status as you never can logon as them.

Only explanation I can see is that CUA is active and the field has status Proposal in SCUM. So can be entered once only as an initial proposal. Afterwards, the field is only available locally.

Cheers,

Julius

12 REPLIES 12

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check dates valid from & valid through of reference user and also status not be looked.

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thank you we have checked it, but the issue should be something else.

Cheers

Boldi

0 Kudos

trx SE16 table USR02 is reference user USTYP = 'L'? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reference uses dont care about validity or lock status as you never can logon as them.

Only explanation I can see is that CUA is active and the field has status Proposal in SCUM. So can be entered once only as an initial proposal. Afterwards, the field is only available locally.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julis,

thank you, we have checked it, but the issue should be something else.

Cheers

Boldi

0 Kudos

Then there are three other options (are you sure the CUA is not active?):

1) An exit is active in SU01 which modifies the screen if the field is not initial.

2) Someone modified the screen variant in SHDB and the standard SU01 now has a custom screen.

3) Someone modified SU01.

Which SAP release are you on? (that will influence which exits are effective).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

SAP_BASIS    740    0008    SAPKB74008

Kernel-Release 742

The SQL trace does not show any activities on the table USREFUS after setting the desired value. I don't think it is an issue of ABAP.

Cheers

Boldi

0 Kudos

If it is not an issue of ABAP, then it would not be an issue..  🙂

Screen modifications you will not see in SQL trace.

Then I place my bets on a modification. Check what SPAU or SE95 has to say about SU01 or SUSR objects?

Cheers,

Julius

ps: are you sure there is no CUA involved? That would be the most logical and standard explanation for the behaviour.

0 Kudos

SAP has found it (I have raised an OSS message).

It was not known to us that there was a modification active directly on the database table. That is why it was not really an ABAP issue and why we could not see anything in the trace and in the ABAP debugger.

This is (was) the guy:

Thanks for all for your help.

Cheers

Boldi

0 Kudos

My goodness!!

I only ever saw such a thing once and that was years ago. It was on UST04 in case anyone took SAP_ALL away from the basis admin. I was hoping that no one would ever again mention the thing of evil... 🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,
really hard to find it was indeed...

the indicator was (beside the debugger) that the sql trace showed, that the abap code passed the correct data, then at the commit work 'abap' was left (still with correct data). And as Boldi stated, from the DB-interface no update was visible with that inocrrect value....

good luck, that that wise guy used lower case values for the field (which only supports uppercase form abap side), which was a good hint ...

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

good to see you here, too

Thanks again for the 1st class support!

Cheers

Boldi