cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Account Management Lite

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know why house bank maintenance was separated from house bank account. The only reason i could think of is to encourage all to use NWBC and new user interfaces provided by SAP etc. Anyway, it is strange that we cannot do it under SAP GUI system but only in NWBC.

Also, i have strange situation that having all needed roles to BAM and BAM lite i cannot operate by starting WDY_APPLICATION - Manage Bank accounts directly but i need to always start SAP Business Client 6.0 and go to BAM from there. If i start WDY_APPLICATION - Manage Bank accounts from SAP Easy Access menu it is opened and i see all house banks etc. but when i choose 'New bank account' nothing is happening. If i do the same from SAP NWBC then new page is opened to create bank account ... is there some SICF service still not activated ?

Thanks for all the tips.

Tomasz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomazs

Your project can define if they want use or not Fiori. But the procedure to create and change the house bank is described in the link below.

Please check the link:

Thank you.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

We are talking about three different applications for House Bank Account creation process

SAP GUI

NWBC

Fiori

May I know what is WDY_APPLICATION here.

Thanks

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

I think it's not just elevating NWBC but Bank Account process has been centralized and to make it more secure and adding some more functionalities from treasury. Hope you are talking about manage bank accounts app. Can you share the snap which is stopping you further.

I was able to launch the relevant Fiori App. Please elaborate your issue. I see that you have mixed-up multiple issues here.

Thanks

Vamsi

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not about Fiori app only. The case is that for new implementation you can choose to use 'well-known' SAP GUI and do not consider Fiori at the beginning or NWBC. So considering just one activity (manage house bank accounts) it is strange that SAP placed it as the only one outside GUI. I understand they packed it well under NWBC/Fiori as a whole Bank Account Management but please remember that almost everything you can do from SAP GUI except of one missing thing - creation/maintenance of house bank account. Doesn't looks logical so much.

And by having NWBC/Fiori together with SAP GUI it means more support and maintenance required from IT, we should not forget that aspect. That is why i see this as bringing some impact for organizations starting up with that version of SAP.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct, we need to maintain data in two places (SAP GUI & NWBC), but at the same time SAP is offering much functionality in NWBC transaction. Here you can link Bank master to FI module and BCM module. All the details are available at one place which is useful and very flexible to cash managers in organizations. Many bank master data reports are providing data based on this information.

Rgds

MBN