cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Could not open file reason : Access is denied

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

It would be great if you guys could help me out with my situation. Not Many documents online about this issue.

Its a file to file scenario.

PFB screen shot of receiver channel.

& here is a screen shot of the error in this channel.

This happened following a Hardware & OS migration of SAP XI.

It looks obvious something is wrong with the authentication somewhere but, the receiver channel itself kinda looks different.

My first time encountering a channel with just a '\' for its directory ! Not sure, how that works either.

Well, I dint develop it & its not easy to get hold of the person who developed it.

Here I am asking for help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, in addition to this, I would like to further state that here the java stack is trying to make connection with the OS (since you have only put "/" in target directory).

Please be informed that it is only after the directories are mounted properly at OS level, that we can see them in AL11. It is similar to activating an object and that being available for transport across various systems. So here OS is one and AL11 / application system is another. Hence creating directory is mandate.

Once you create directory and the dirctory path becomes atleast visible in AL11, then the corresponding Java proxy allows connection between Java stack and ABAP stack (ABAP in the sense where ABAP program resides, i.e. the AL11 part).

Hope this information helps!!

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Such an error has occurred since the Java proxy deployed has blocked the access to create directory at root level in OS.

Depending upon which OS you are using, you should either contact your BASIS team or UNIX team (provided OS used is UNIX).

To determine the OS, you can directly find it from System -> Status of your GUI Wiindow.

Regards,

Souvik

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Souvik,

Thanks for the comment. SAP XI is able to create directories at root level if I just give a random name in the receiver directory field & check create directory box below in Communication channel. Its just the '\' that concerns us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that check my below comment at Dec 16, 5:16 PM

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam ,

Did you get any reply from Basis team?

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Souvik & Sridharan,

BASIS team have checked from their end say that they have mounted all respective directories that were mounted prior to the migration & that everything looks fine from their end.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam get the directory and maintain the same in PI File channel.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

• If you specify just '/' as a directory the PI will try to write the temporary file in default work directory(/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<XX>/j2ee/cluster/server<X>)
  • The user(<SID>adm or SAPService<SID>) does not have access to create any file under this directory that is the reason you get access denied error.
  • If you want to test you can login as <SID>adm and go into that directory and try to create the file you will get exact same error.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for your input. We tried testing your theory but fortunately or unfortunately files were created in the folder by <SID>adm while SAP Service<SID> user was not authorized to log in to the server. BASIS team confirmed its normal behavior !

Appreciate your input. If there is any other information you'd want me to know, please do share.

Thanks

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

• I ran the same in my system and it is trying to create the file under root directory of the server and that is not allowed.
  • You can try to create the file under root directory using <SID>adm user you will get the error.
  • You must specify at lease one directory like /temp then it will work.
  • But normally we create the files under /usr/sap/<directory>.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for recreating the scenario. As mentioned in my earlier comment, we logged in with <SID>adm user and tried creating a file in the folder & it was successful !

You are right, under normal circumstance we create a folder in the path or check the 'create Target Directory' box in CC. This makes me wonder why the communication channel was created & how it was working fine before the migration.

If its not too much trouble, could you share your Kernel version of SAP XI used ?

Thanks

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Create the test file under root directory using <SID>adm user which is under '/' not the directory which i mentioned in my earlier reply (/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<XX>/j2ee/cluster/server<X>)

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Tried that too... But Windows doesn't allow such a folder with folder name '\' to be created !! Special character !!

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You need to create the file not the folder because PI is trying to create the temporary file under root directory called '/' and getting an exception because creating the file under root directory('/') not allowed.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

We are able to create files in that ''server0'' directory with the admin user ID's manually !!

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

' \' defines too root directory of the server.

Try using Filezilaa /Winscp and connect to that server using same user id and password.

regards,

Manoj

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Thanks for the comment. Is there some place in RWB or in ABAP stack where we can find the entire path of the root directory. Unfortunately I neither have access to installing the software's you suggested nor do I want to go through all the approval process and wait to get it installed.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

You can find the directory in your PI system application layer Tcode: AL11.

Regards,

Manoj

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess below users should have proper authentications.

<SID>adm

SAPService<SID>

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maheswara,

Thanks for the reply. SAP XI is the system placing the file & if its using the username you mentioned to place the files, then it should not have any trouble doing it but somehow it does. I am trying to figure out why.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Seems your using NFS protocol.

Can you check with basis team for the mounted directory details and check,I doubt / directory works.Might ASAM would have been used.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Thanks for the comment. Yes NFS is the protocol in use & yes ASMA parameters are enabled. But the scenario doesnt seem to get values from anywhere else because its just a pick & place scenario. No mapping involved !

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helo Sam,

Did you try to get the file path details from basis?

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

I have communicated the issue to my BASIS team.  Not quite sure what exactly to ask.

Any help is appreciated.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Directory details which is mounted on PI.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

Unfortunately, I cant do that without knowing why its there in the first place.

Thanks for your inputs.