cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Afaria / Mobile Secure iOS 9.2 Upgrade Advisory

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

There have been various reports of managed app installation issues with devices upgraded to iOS 9.2.

This seem to impact all EMM/MDM and is not specific to SAP Afaria or SAP Mobile Secure Cloud.

SAP recommends that customers advise their users not to upgrade to iOS 9.2 at this time to avoid related issues. 

Please monitor KBA 2257861 for more details and updates.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for this!

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

There are various posts in the internet that refer to iOS 9.2.1 beta to potentially address this issue.

Here are some links you may find helpful:

Apple Support Document HT205654

iOS 9.2.1 beta download

Regards,

Bernd

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

iOS 9.2.1 is now in status pre-release. For more details please see previous links provided.

Regards,

Bernd

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yesterday iOS 9.2.1 has been released by Apple.

If anyone wants to share his experience please post it here.

Regards,
Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

Thanks for the Information.

We have been testing iOS 9.2.1 with Afaria 7 SP7 as well as with Afaria 7 SP9 and still have issues.

At device enrollment over the self service portal, the following error keeps appearing after the EULA has been accepted:

That means, that the Process is not getting out of the Browser and doesn't move on to the payload Installation on the device.

When we go back in the browser and retry several times, sometimes it works. But this is not properly reproduceable.

Thanks for keeping us up to date about iOS 9.2+

Kind regards,

Tobias Soder

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SAP Afaria/Mobile Secure now officially support iOS 9.2.1.  Product Documentation will be updated shortly to reflect this support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy

Our Problem still persists with iOS 9.2.1. I have opened an Incident and got the Feedback that there is currently no solution for this and that we should wait for the next Afaria Service Pack.

This Statement didn't Sound like 9.2.1 was fully supported by Afaria (we have tested it with Afaria 7 SP7 and Afaria 7 SP9).

Kind regards,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

the expectation for 9.2.1 as far as I am aware is to potentially resolve the issue I am linking to above.

The error you describe sounds different to me.

If the incident you refer to is not yet confirmed, then I would suggest to return it to SAP with an update. You may also drop me an email with your incident number or post it here so we can take a look.

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

Ok. Yes, it seems to be a different Problem we are facing.

This is the number of the inicdent I've opened: 44637 / 2016

Kind regards,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

it appears you have confirmed this incident last week.

As there is no way to re-open a closed incident, you can either open a new SCN discussion or create a new incident for support to investigate.

Thanks and best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

Yes, i have closed the incident as I was instructed to wait for the next Afaria Service Pack as there is no Service Pack yet functioning with iOS 9.2+

And as i was informed that this incident has to do with iOS 9.2 and 9.2.1 i thought it would fit into this discussion.

So you think this is not a 9.2/9.2.1 specific issue?

Regards,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

what I was trying to say is, that this thread is about an app installation issue that occurred with iOS 9.2 and which is supposed to be fixed with iOS 9.2.1 - see also Apple note mentioned above.

At this time I am not aware of any other issue with iOS 9.2 (9.2.1 seem to have a Safari issue though that is not related to SAP software but eventually good to know anyway).

On the first look, the issue you have reported seem to be something different than discussed here and probably needs separate investigation.

On a side note: Afaria 7.0 SP10 has been released in the meantime as well.

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

We are still having issues with iOS 9.2 and 9.2.1 on one Hand with Enterprise app delivery, on the other Hand with the enrollment process.

We have reported the enrollment process issues via incident 44637 on January 20, 2016 where it was stated, that we Need to install the next Service Pack in order to have the issues fixed and in order to have Afaria running with iOS 9.2+ devices.

We have then planned to upgrade from Afaria 7 SP 9 to Afaria 7 SP 10. But there were issues with SP10 (devices could not be deleted anymore). These issues were confirmed from your side. So we delayed the upgrade to SP10.

Now that SP 11 is out, can you confirm that issues with iOS 9+ are fixed? Unfortunately, the KBA (2281177) containing the release notes is not yet released.

Kind regards,

Tobias

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

you are right, the KB has not been released yet for some reason.

You could however check help.sap.com to retrieve the latest SP11 documentation. (http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/pdf-afaria7sp11/Afaria_Release_Notes.pdf).

I will have someone from my team call you today and go through your current issues so we can define next steps.

Regards,

Bernd

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are experiencing the error with 9.2.1 also after patch SP12.

Everything is working correctly in iOS 9.3 preview, custom Afaria client is deployed and connects to the server. With iOS 9.2.1 Afaria is not installed with error IPH6021: MDM app Deployment Error.

Any hints on this?!

Thank you.

AK -