Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 100 Stats Server Fix failed

fabian_krger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just tried to install the "SAP 100 Stats Server Fix" but after typing passwords for hdbadm and SYSTEM, installation failed with message "Install : The Package installation step Data_Backup Failed. Aborting operation".

I retried but same result.

Did anyone manage to install the fix?

Best Regards,

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

Sorry to hear that. The backup failed is an issue. Before we do anything to HANA, we try to take a backup so that the risk is minimum.

Can you check if the volumes have enough disk space? if not, you have to delete older backups and unwanted files.

If everything is fine and still you see the issue, we will have to ask more detailed questions and someone can help you.

If you go to 'messages/Support Chat' tab, please send a message so that in a very secure way, we can work on the problem.

I also know that you were very frustrated and expressed that with another message. I understand your frustration. But at the same time, it would be very good if you also understand our position. We work very very hard to help you. Even if we have said there is only community support, we have helped many on and beyond the basic requirement.

So, we always do the best we can. I think we can solve problems you have.

Thanks

HANA One team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

My bad, the name given to the step was wrong. It has nothing to do with backup. There is something else going on.

We will need to get to your machine and find out what else has changed. It looks like there is some incompatibility with the setup. But the only way we can resolve this is by looking at the instance.

Send a private/support chat message. We can take it from there.

HANA One team

fabian_krger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mandar,

available space should be no problem.

/root/hanaone/logs/install.out says:

Start Output *******************

================================================================================

Start Setting Configuration for Statistics Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

step 1

* 10: invalid username or password SQLSTATE: 28000

Tue Dec 15 08:48:46 UTC 2015 __  Step 1 of  Statistics Server Configuration did not go well exiting now

End Output *******************

I double checked passwords for both hdbadm and SYSTEM, still same result.

You may probably look at my instance, but I will be on holiday the next two weeks. We will have to solve it when I'm back...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

Got it...once you are back we can look at the issue. But meanwhile, I have an engineer look into the internal code if we can see anything.

I am suspecting that, some installation on your instance has changed such that our changes are not compatible anymore. But this is my guess.....

HANA One Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

HANA is reporting that password or USER is not valid.

It could be our code which handles such things or it could be password itself. But, HANA somehow does not like the value passed to it for credentials.

-HANA One Team