cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger output determination on delivery, after billing is complete

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a requirement, and added a condition to check billing status, and assigned it to the output type.

But, when I do the billing of the delivery, the output of delivery, is not determined automatically. I have to specifically go into VL02N, open and save the delivery, for that output to be determined.

How to trigger the output determination on delivery, automatically, when billing document is saved?

Thanks

Juwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delivery statuses are updated but output determination is not triggered at that point.

Instead of delivery output just make it a billing output. Delivery number is even included in the standard billing print program interface structure. Reading few more records from LIKP/LIPS in the form is not a huge deal. Or you could write a custom output program if preferred.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ended up doing a custom output program from billing document, to trigger message determination on delivery.

Thanks,

Juwin

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is resolved then kindly close the discussion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juwin,

Ideally for there sort of requirement, mass printing is done through VL71 or background job based on TCode VL71(Report SD70AV2A).

Moreover, if you want this automatically and immediately on save of billing doc, then get the printing done at Billing level itself by output determination.

Thanks, JP

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Since the output is not determining automatically, VL71 says there is no output to be processed.

I can't trigger this off billing document, due to another reason.

Thanks,

Juwin

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Custom requirement is assigned to Delivery Output Type and it will not trigger the Output automatically after Invoice is created and saved.

You will need a additional development which will run as a batch job say every hour or every half hour, which will check whether Invoices have been created for the Delivery and re-determine the output if the result is positive.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Is this standard behavior?

When a delivery is billed, shouldn't the delivery be opened-and-saved, so that billing statuses are updated? Why isn't that open-and-save, redetermining the outputs?

Thanks,

Juwin

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juwin,

I feel updating the statuses and re-determining the Output based on some custom developed condition is entirely different processes.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

Please explain how the batch job will trigger the output type in deliveries. In addition, do we need to write some code in the custom print program?

Thanks!

TW

You will need a additional development which will run as a batch job say every hour or every half hour, which will check whether Invoices have been created for the Delivery and re-determine the output if the result is positive.
Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a trace and found that the status tables are updated on billing, without opening-and-saving delivery.

Thanks,

Juwin

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juwin,

Additionally, if can check system behaviour for KOMKBV2-FKSTK.

I did a trace and found that the status tables are updated on billing, without opening-and-saving delivery.

That's why I suggested to use VL71. If your VOFM Routine suffice the logic related to desired status and automatic determination & configuration of output type is proper then your output type will get printed in VL71. 

Thanks, JP