SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters for Payment Run (FPY1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would just like to ask if it would be possible in FPY1 (Payment Run) to group certain parameters, in order to achieve a desired result for the execution?

For example, I have specified the following standard parameters:

1) Open Item

2) Due Date Range

3) Contract Account

Combined with this, I also have specified the following custom parameters:

1) Main Trans

2) Doc Type

Though these are the parameters that I have set, I only wish the program to generate the payment orders if the account has a specific type of OPEN FICA doc that is due within the current month.

Will this be possible?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geriec,

Its possible to filter the parameters through the custom selections tab on top of the standard Paramters under the General Selections tab.

So,say if you have a Contract Account,CA1 which has four (Open Items) OIs as follows-

Document no.     Main Tr.   Document type   Due Date

D1                       0100            MB                  12/29/2015

D2                       0080            MD                  12/01/2015

D3                       MISC           AB                   12/10/2015

D4                       0100            AB                   12/10/2015

Now the filtering conditions in FPY1 works in 'AND' methodology,i.e. until and unless all the conditions are satisified, the items will not be picked up.

So in the above scenario,if you have given the following in the General Selection Tab-

(a) Open Items-Ticked

(b) CA-CA1

(c) Due Date-09/01/2015 - 12/15/2015

and following inj the customer selections tab-

(a) Main Tr-0100,0080

(b) Doc Type-MB,AB

So then ideally, Document D4, will get picked as it satisifies all the five conditions mentioned.

The other documents only satisifies the conditions partially and hence will not get picked up in the Payment run.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geriec,

There are couple of ways to do it.

But before that, do you intend to group the items in FPY1 with your set parameters or you want to clear only those items which fall under the set parameter?

I mean, do you only want to clear off those items which have specific type (with document type and/or main/sub) of open FICA document that are due in current month? Or you want to clear off all of them but want to group them (separate clearing document) with set type of open fica documents and month of due date ?

Thanks,

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

I wish to clear all of the items that fall under the parameters I have specified, with a condition that this is done only if there is a specific type of open FICA doc that is due in the current month.

Example parameters:

1) Open Item

2) Due Date Range: 09/01/2015 - 12/15/2015

3) Contract Account: 54001, 54002, 54003

4) Main Trans: 0100, 0080, 7003

5) Doc Type: MB, AB

Given the parameters above, all items that fall under the parameters above should only be picked up in the payment run if there is an open item due within the current month (12/01/2015 - 12/31/2015), with a main trans code of: 0100

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geriec,

Its possible to filter the parameters through the custom selections tab on top of the standard Paramters under the General Selections tab.

So,say if you have a Contract Account,CA1 which has four (Open Items) OIs as follows-

Document no.     Main Tr.   Document type   Due Date

D1                       0100            MB                  12/29/2015

D2                       0080            MD                  12/01/2015

D3                       MISC           AB                   12/10/2015

D4                       0100            AB                   12/10/2015

Now the filtering conditions in FPY1 works in 'AND' methodology,i.e. until and unless all the conditions are satisified, the items will not be picked up.

So in the above scenario,if you have given the following in the General Selection Tab-

(a) Open Items-Ticked

(b) CA-CA1

(c) Due Date-09/01/2015 - 12/15/2015

and following inj the customer selections tab-

(a) Main Tr-0100,0080

(b) Doc Type-MB,AB

So then ideally, Document D4, will get picked as it satisifies all the five conditions mentioned.

The other documents only satisifies the conditions partially and hence will not get picked up in the Payment run.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the response. Although you have explained the usage of the parameters, the question I am referring to is quite more complex. I have attached a .txt document for your reference.

Would very much appreciate it if you could help me out on this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gerard

0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

I went through your attached text document and it seems you are looking to add another static condition for triggerring FPY1 to pick up the OI's.

It can done by enhancing either Event 1740/1741, which gets triggerred during FPY1 run and  if you want to modify some of the parameters defined under the General Tab and the Custom Selections.

Moreover, you can enhance event 601 as well to deactivate the items based on your condition.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank you very much!