cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-route work item from firefighter user's inbox back to controller's inbox if no response

ying_ye
Explorer
0 Kudos

Customer want to have firefighter log review workflow to check the work item stays in firefighter user's inbox for more than certain days without response be routed back to controller automatically. We tried setup two stages in default path. One for re-route and one for escalation but controller has to approve request twice if so. Is there anyway to set this up with BRF rule to check the age of firefighter log review work item?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

You should revert back to single stage and the default configuration.

I'm assuming "work item in firefighter user's inbox" means that the Controller "requested additional information" from the firefighter user and sent the log back to the user for further explanation. Please let me know if this assumption is incorrect.

To accomplish this requirement, you should "Modify" the stage and configure the escalation as shown below:

Configure the Escalation Type, Escalation Time, Mins (4,320 mins = 3 days), and Escalation Agent (who the escalation will be sent to):

You will also need to open "Modify Task Settings" and perform the escalation here as well.

The only downside of this configuration is that if any Firefighter log is sitting in the Controller's inbox for longer than is defined, then the log will "escalate" right back to the Controller... which isn't the worst scenario actually.  This would be more of a reminder to the Controller to process the log.

I haven't tested this configuration myself, but I believe this might be a solution.

Hope this helps,

Ken

ying_ye
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for checking!

Your suggestion is what we have currently (one stage for escalation to GRC admin for log older than XX days). This stage is more to check if controller is doing his part or not. If not, route it to GRC admin. Customer want to keep this.

The new requirement is to add another check if firefighter user is doing his part or not after controller request additional information. If not, route back to controller automatically.

If multiple stages can not help with this scenario, is there anyway to set it up with multiple path base on the age of the work item?

Thanks and Regards,

Ying

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

Configure the first stage, with recipient as FF user, and then the 2nd stage for FF controller. So, FF user can put comments before passing on to the next stage. If controller wants additional inf., then instead of using the button Additional Information(disable it, through Auth. object: GRAC_ACTN), he can re-route it to the previous stage.

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have much experience with custom routing rules, but you may want to investigate creating a custom routing rule for MSMP Process ID SAP_GRAC_FIREFIGHT_LOG_REPORT

(SPRO>GRC>AC>Workflow for Access Control>Define Workflow-Related MSMP Rules) and try to use custom decision table logic that looks at REQUEST_DATE or one of the other header fields.