Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Web service for multiple Parties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have the following scenario:

There is an SAP PI web service that is to be hosted to multiple business partners (Parties in PI); 3 to be precise.  The web service, irrespective of who calls it, is to be sent to a common target interface, and hence uses a common mapping program. I have created a generic Outbound service interface, under a generic Software Component and namespace, so as to remove any Party specific artifacts. The Party Id is part of the payload as well.

My question is, in the Integration directory, should I be creating 3 parties, and hence 3 integrated configurations? This would result in 3 endpoints which would be hard to maintain.  Also, since it should be made available outside the network, there would have to be three reverse proxy configurations, or a URL parameter in the external URL to map it to the corresponding internal URL. Is this even possible?

Or, alternatively, would it be better to create a single web service for a generic Party(naming conventions?), thus having just one end point. But this would make housekeeping a real hassle as we would have to get into the payload to see which Pary actually sent whihc message.

Or is there another standard way to get this working?

Appreciate any responses.

Cheers,

Rog

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

In one client i usually have SOAP - Proxy scenarios and i'd rather to do one configuration per party, the main reason is to use the ACLs (ACL-Based Authorizations for Service Users - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP ...) to restrict the access each party.

Is the internal URL different for each system?, and more important, do you want to connect to the ECC receiver system with different user?, if the answer is yes, you should do three configurations to have in the endpoint the auditory with the proper user.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

This is a SOAP to File scenario where the receiver isn't SAP either. All the information would go to the same target system, differentiated by the PartyID that would be added to the file name in PI.

Each party would be given it's own user credentials to call this service. The internal URLs would be different if we had one ICO per Party, wouldn't it?

Do you still think multiple confiugs is the way to go?

Your inputs please.

Thanks,

Roger

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Do you still think multiple confiugs is the way to go?

No, with that scenario, i think the best way is to use only one configuration and to determine the file name with Dynamic Configuration or Variable substitution.

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

You can follow as per Inaki and just have a UDS configured for easy message search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

The Dynamic Config is already in place and working well.

Just one more clarification. Wouldn't this mean that I would not have one party each to represent the 3 vendors? Instead, should I create a generic Party or just a business system?

Regards,

Roger

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Inaki and Raghu for the insight.

I have followed a single endpoint approach with one user per party.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

My suggestion would be

1.Configure a single scenario ,So that only single point will be required.

2.Since party Id is part of payload configure a user-defined search based on party Id in order to filter the message based on party Id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuram,

Don't you think maintenance of a single endpoint be hard from a BAU point of view? If there is some issue with 2 of the 3 parties it would be hard to get into the payload everytime, wouldn't it?

Regards,

Roger

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

Yes,there will be.

In that case you have to go with 3 different ICOS with 3 end points.