Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto field update using BRF+

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which i am trying to update a field automatically using BRF+ the problem I am facing is that I have created a Rule based workflow in which i have 5 steps and my auto functionality is working on first change request step only i.e 00 (Processing)

if in BRF+ i give any other change request step like 90 or 95 auto functionality doesn't work

For eg i want to change Sales status on change request step 95 for a customized change request using BRF+ it doesnt work but if i change it on initial step 00 it works, it looks little strange to me

Can any one help

Thanks

Arihant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems like you are confusing the two applications. MDG uses different BRF+ applications for different purposes. You are talking about two different applications that are not directly related: one for the workflow routing (rule-based workflow), and one for derivation and validation.

The derivation and validation BRF+ application is run interactively. At step 00, which is your first step when the user is on the MDG screen, that BRF+ application will of course work; NOT because it is step 00, but because a user is actually editing the request.

First suggestion, do not try to force the two to work together. They were designed for different purposes. Please understand how the two applications work before getting yourself in deeper trouble.

Second suggestion, please learn more about BRF+. BRF+ is a generic application that can be used pretty much for anything. It is not specific to workflow nor to MDG.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Abdullah...I guess my question was little confusing actually I am trying to achieve this in derivation and validation BRF+ application only but there it doesn't accept any other CR step except the initial one

In derivation i have an entity DERIVE_MVKESALES where i want a field to automatically fill during a particular CR step

Is it possible?

Thanks

Arihant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it an interactive step or a background step? If interactive, you might be able to do it as long as the user creates that entity. For background steps, you might want to add a "validation" step into your workflow. That should trigger the derivation and validation BAdI's and BRF+ application.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

It a background step, actually i am applying my condition in USMD_RULE transaction where i see only derivation tab which contain my entities, i dont see any validation tab overthere?

am i doing it correct? or still something is fishy

Thanks for your time and help

Arihant

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your workflow BRF+ application, add an extra step to "validate" the CR. It is another step type that you can add; just like when you add a dialog step, an activation step, etc.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Its still not working..BRF+ is not going through other change request except the initial one 00

i want to change something on lets say 95 step but changes are not reflecting

for eg

IF

Change request type is ZAT02

and CR STEP is 95

THAN

Change value of MARA-MMSTA to 01

end

This is not working, if I give CR STEP 00 instead of 95 than it works

Thanks