cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring Gray Alerts

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are configuring Technical monitoring in solution manager, ECC development system is configured to get alert while we configure ECC QAS server facing issue. I have checked  for the extractors all are reporting and its in green status. I have checked for data collection of the host agent and found the configuration agent XML is not reaching. I have followed the below note but it doesn't help me to solve this issue. Hostagent is in latest version.

1854525 - "Configuration XML <nbr> likely did not reach the agent" - Solution Manager 7.10

Need your suggestions to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Saravanan R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanted to emphasize Roland's opinion. We had the same Problem, too. And we solved it according to note 2142276.

BTW.: I'm just patching our Solman with LMSERVICE 710SP12P_6, since the LMSERVICE 710SP12P_5 had some other issues.

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,/p>

Yes I would suggest the following check the e2emai.log file? Also See if SAP note helps here 2142276 - Grey Metrics in System Monitoring after Agent JVM upgrade and apply latest LM service patch for SP12 which is now 6 Kind regards, Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

If the metrics are not populated for any of the system then we can guess that would be problem in patch, but so for 3 satellite system is working perfectly without any issue problem is with only one server.

It tried with the note, its not working.

All the availability metrics are gray, all the alerts related to host agent is missing. Host agent is connected I could able to see its status in Agent Admin.

Regards,

Saravanan R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

But am facing different issue can anyone help me on this issue.

I have configured  Critical Jobs for technical Monitoring . But the status of the Job not displaying in Alert Inbox  for the following scenario.

Configured the job in step wise based on ABAP Program, say for eg : if a specified Job is running by using 3 programs, i have configured as step 1 step 2 etc.. If it is a running for ABAP Program not finding any issue while checking in Techmon. But if the Job is pulling external Program it is not displaying the status in Technical Monitoring.

Is anything needs to be added while selecting the External Program step.

Kindly Provide a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

Please check following SAP note:-

2057141 - Grey Metrics in Technical Monitoring

This should resolve your issue.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Note which you have suggested is completely implemented in our system, We are in solution manager 7.1 SP 12.

Regards,

Saravanan R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

check this note if all the metrics are reported grey,

1819848 - All metrics are grey in Technical Monitoring

0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

It tried with the note, its not working.

All the availability metrics are gray, all the alerts related to host agent is missing. Host agent is connected I could able to see its status in Agent Admin.

Regards,

Saravanan R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I had similar issue, I was able to fix this issue  with SAP Note 2058556.

2058556 - Inside out web service call fails

The same is mentioned in the note 2057141

2057141 - Grey Metrics in Technical Monitoring

First read this note 2057141 and then try implementing the note 2058556, am sure this will fix your issue.

Regards,

Leela.

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Note which you have suggested is completely implemented in our system, We are in solution manager 7.1 SP 12. No luck.

Regards,

Saravanan R.

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan, Can you check the agent logs for any errors and attach? Regards, Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I have checked the agent logs, I don't find any errors in it. I checked for Apllication log, dpc log I could't find any errors in it.

Regards,

Saravanan R.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for any error calling dpc push web service

(SAP note 1855064 - Error occurred when calling the DPC Push web service)

If its fine, Try to restart the agent and then check.

Important notes to be checked.

1672890, 1675184, 1685530 and also 1618858.

Further, Check the outside discovery if its fine.

Thanks

Rishav

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan, Can you check the e2emai.log file? Also See if SAP note helps here 2142276 - Grey Metrics in System Monitoring after Agent JVM upgrade Kind regards, Roland