Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping in central Finance

kai_hoffmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all

i am not clear at all on the mapping in the central finance scenario.

Lets say i dont use any master data distribution via MDG --> do i need to maintain customer, vendor and material Codes in the central finance system? Or do i just maintain in the target system an ID mapping as key mapping in MDG? If this is purely a "number mapping" does it imply that there is zero validation against master data in the target system? Does it also imply that for all source master data fields a mapping has to be maintained because zero data can be derived/validated in the target?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

do i need to maintain customer, vendor and material Codes in the central finance system

-yes

If this is purely a "number mapping" does it imply that there is zero validation against master data in the target system?

-what you mean?

Does it also imply that for all source master data fields a mapping has to be maintained because zero data can be derived/validated in the target?

-yes, but it's not obligatory to put all values for mapping into the table, you could do it via abap code BADI_FINS_CFIN_MAPPING_RULE

kai_hoffmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Aleksey
What i meant with pure number "mapping" is: do i just maintain in MDG_KM_MAINTAIN

a mapping from number A (source) to B (target). Since you answered that i need to maintain the master data itself, this is obsolete.

Thanks for your help

Answers (0)