cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutover planning in SAP QM

0 Kudos

Dear all

I am planning the cutover activities for the SAP QM area and therefore I would like to know, which open objects should I consider for this transition phase.

I am thinking about inspection lots still open, and especially those like long term inspections, calibration plans, and stability studies still running, whose transit time is long (a couple of months) where the project should decide if to continue them in the legacy or recreate them in the new system.

Apart from the aforementioned situations, which objects should be considered carefully for cutover planning in SAP QM? Any opinion from your experience can be useful fo  me.

Thanks!

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Please can you first share your business processes or BPML list, so that we can understand the depth at which QM is implemented, before someone can answer to your query.

To start with your analysis, you can make a list of objects classified under the below categories -

a) Master data object migration [Example - MIC, Inspection plan and/or routings, Calibration plans, DMR, Sampling procedure, reference operation set, DMS, Quality Level, Class, Characteristic, etc]

b) Open Transactional Data migration [Example - Inspection lot, Quality Notification, DMS objects, etc]

c) Stock migration [Example - ]

NOTE: In one of our customers, we have moved stocks following the approach explained in the above document. This document has some very important comments form Craig which you should check to have a better approach and check which one is easy to implement for your specific scenario.

d) Historic data migration [Example - closed quality notifications, closed inspection lots, etc based on business requirements]

You can build an approach following the above pointers, to come out with a plan for cutover.

Thanks,

Arijit

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos