cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS for Agentry control image quality via OpenUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

we are working with Agentry for ipad air 2.

Our data transfer rate is gigantic because of the high image quality of the captured pictures (3MB per piece).

Working with the latest OpenUI SDK SMPAgentryClientFramework-iOS-70.10.0, I tried to call the default iOS camera and pass the captured and compressed picture back to Agentry, but failed.

Even calling the standard classes in the demo project doesnt seem to trigger anything. 'MyAgentryActionExtension, MyPotpourriDisplayAdapter, ...)

I tried everything, working with an external field or calling the class in the 'external field' tab on every type of field (label, button, ...).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Can't call the native code..

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dieter,

I would recommend starting with getting the demo framework project to compile, deploy and load with the same open ui controls to verify you have all the groundwork in place and working.  Then look at creating your own control. 

I can't tell from your post if you are trying to create your own image capture control or are trying to post-process a captured image before uploading.  JPG images are already compressed so you really only have few options to reduce the size.

1) Lower the resolution

2) Decrease the JPG quality

Simply trying to compress the image won't yield much in terms of space savings.

--Bill