cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonconformance: Vertical and horizontal ref numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I try to find something in online help and how-to-guides about vertical and horizontal reference numbers. I found nonconformance rules to activate Generation of numbers via next number pattern. But what are the meanings of that numbers and for what am I using them for?

Regards,

Anke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anke

They are just fields associated with NCs, in order to add another reporting dimension to the NC process. Unless you really see a use for these, make sure you don't get ME to generate them as they can add significant overhead when creating NCs. You would also need to experiment to see how/when the numbers get incremented with each NC recording, in order to deduce how you could use it for your processes. Have a look at the NC Log report, and you can see that you can query by these numbers.

Actually, I know of no customer In Europe that is using this functionality.

Stuart

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

The idea behind those numbers is to structure the history tree of how NC Codes are logged during a "Log NC session" of opening the plugin. One of them is incremented within the same "session", and the other one is incremented from session to session.

Regards,

Sergiy