sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Project Team,

Project activates need to be assigned/planned against technician first

in CMP2 and then it should be confirmed (copied) in CAT2 to book actual

values of hours in days.

Client does not want to go to time sheet entry i.e. CAT2 for

confirmation of planned hours. They want confirmation from PS only.

If there is any way we can confirm the activities from PS without going to CATS and time should be booked against the person assigned via CMP2 or any other way.

If there is any way to achieve this requirement in standard SAP. Need expert advice.

Thanks

Sukhveer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CMP2 is the resource assignment which is purely the planning side.

CATS or CN24 is the actual side.  If you stick to PS confirmations only there will be actual costs, but of course nothing will show up in CATS.  You can use confirmation reporting if you need.

If you want to compare plan to actual you need to make both entries.

You don't like CATS there are other time entry applications that interface to SAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil/Ken,

Yes dear if we are doing planing in CMP2 it will be available in CAT2 and we can copy this plan values. But to do confirmation we need to do entry in CAT2.

I want confirmation about this process only. If this is the only option, we need to follow this process only.

In CRM we have option to assign technician from WFM or MRS and then after creation of followup confirmation order, CAT2 entry is happening in background. No need to go and do entry in CAT2.

I just want to make sure that there is no new process of doing confirmation and time sheet entry in Project System.

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer,

Best option is to use CAT2 and then CAT5 or CATA to transfer actual cost. if user is not willing to upload timesheet via CAT2 then a mass data upload to insert time can be used that is a standard BAPI. But after that CAT5 needs to be run.

Thank you.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer,

while confirming activity system give option to enter Personnel number as below screen:

you need to test if you achieve required by business.

thanks

Sunil

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Thanks for reply. We tried this option. But If we will assign person in this field in confirmation of activity even then it is not reflecting in CAT5 or CAT2. Means time should be booked against same person who is assigned in confirmation screen. That is issue. Suppose I want to book 2,3,5,8,6,7 Hrs for one week against this person then how I will do this by confirmation screen. It is not working even if I am assigning person from CMP2. Time should be booked against this person and should reflect in CAT5 or CAT2 if we will use this screen. Then only it will hit HR and PS after transferring.

Need something else.

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

confirmation via this option will not show data in cat5 ot cat2.

if you have central team who will confirm the activity than you can confirm the activity otherwise you have to use CAT2 and CAT5 so that each employee can enter his/her efforts against activity only.

thanks

Sunil

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

That is my issue, use do not want use CATS transaction to book time against person. User is ready to do planning via CMP2.  But they  do not want to use CATS to book time against this person which is assigned via CMP2. Means when they have already assigned person from CMP2, why user need to fill time sheet to do confirmation.

That is point of view of users. I am finding any standard way to book time sheet other than CATS. I am ready to planning of technician from CMP2.

If there is any way to achieve this requirement via standard.

Thanks & Regards,

Sukveer.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask them not to plan via cmp2 and book there efforts via CATS2 otherwise i think there is no way to capture timesheet.

CMP2 is capacity planning and CAT2 is timesheet posting and CAT5 is transfer to PS object.

in standard you need to follow this process.

thanks

Sunil