cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM End of Year Activity: RLREOLPQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Before the end of the year I will be running WM activity RLREOLPQ to reset/reorganise the inventory count indicator for a number of warehouses.

I have found enough information to be able to run it with a fair level of confidence, and I was planning to run it "online" during working hours.

However, I have found an article on the help.sap.com site that says it should be run in batch "for technical reasons".
There is no expansion on this so I have no idea if it really should be done or not.

Does anybody know if this really does need to run in the background?

Or does anybody know what the "technical reasons" might be that SAP refer to?

Link here:

Regards

LG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I suspected, there is no "right" answer to this.

I did accept the suggestion from SAP and I ran it in the background. There was no apparent performance benefit but it did give me an opportunity to get all the variants recorded in SM37, with all the outputs/spool records available for reference when required.

I think we can count this as answered - and therefore closed, but I don't think anybody provided the answer. Thanks to everybody for showing an interest

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to run this report after you complete the physical inventory for the fiscal year. Please check the link below, Point no. 10.

Annual Inventory - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rosh, thanks for taking the time to post, but I already knew this.

I am trying to find out why SAP recommend that the RLREOLPQ programme is run in the background and not in the foreground

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect they recommend it's run via background job to avoid user error, I also suspect the report program has not been made into a transaction for that reason. End users will not have access to the report unless your security team is giving every one SE38. If end users triggered it in the foreground they could easily select the wrong warehouse or clear quants when only bin data should be cleared. Running it via batch job will allow/force the system to apply a variant and avoid user error.

That's my thought on the "technical reasons". It's technically safer to run it via batch job then manually by support staff every year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An interesting answer Jacob, thanks.

I don't think I will get to what we might call a "correct" answer on this unless the person that wrote the original sap.help.com article was to comment.

So thanks to everybody for their input. I will leave it open with "helpful answer" assigned and then let the moderators decide whether it should be closed or not

Thanks again

LG

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Probbaly this could be the performance reasons . System might take much long time when you run online . And hence certain pergrams will be better to run on background . Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. I did run this in the foreground in our UAT system and it was very quick so it seems not to be a performance issue (at least in UAT system)

The only possible advantage I can identify is that if I run it in the background with the timing set to "Immediate" then I will be able to see the completion status in SM37 for all of the variants.

Apart from this I am struggling to see any value

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/c6/f83a024afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htmSorry, I seem to have lost the link. Let's try that again ...