Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Alerts at desired temporal level

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have our Base Planning Time bucket at "Weekly" and have designed a KF Alert as well.

Is it possible to trigger this alert only at "Quarterly" level? If yes, how?

Our time profile supports following time level aggregation: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly.

Regards,

Sourojit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit,

In order to think of a solution, could you please further detail the business requirements?

e.g: You might have a capacity overload from W1 to W6 which would generate an alert on weekly basis. Given a reduced load in the coming buckets, aggregating on quarterly would indicate an average load below the threshold. But considering the risks you have in the beginning, would you expect to see an alert?

Regards

Alecsandra

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Our case is quite similar to the one that you assumed. In our case we have maintained a MOQ Alert which fires only in cases when amount of Purchase Requisition(PR) is less than MOQ. These units are all maintained at weekly level.

The requirement is that, the alerts has to trigger only if the above case is satisfied at Quarterly level.

MOQ is maintained at PERPROD Level; Aggr mode: Max

PR is maintained at PERPRODLOC Level and made available at PERPROD Level; Aggr Mode: Sum

Regards,

Sourojit

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sourijit,

I am not really sure that I understand the business req. Both MOQ and PR are on weekly level, but you need to compare on quarterly level sum(PR) vs max(MOQ).

If yes and if I had to build this, I would first create a planning level QRTPROD, then i would make available both PR and MOQ on this new planning level and would define the calculation of the alert KF as: IF( PR@QRTPROD < MOQ@QRTPROD, 1, 0).

Regards

Alecsandra

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Though we have found a different solution to the problem, I would like to discuss a bit on what you suggested:

If we create a PLanning level QRTPROD then:

1) Won't this calculation be static for quarter period only? We want the alert to trigger at all temporal level other than Weekly.

2) Is QRTPROD a child of PERPROD?

3) When we write something like: PR@QRTPROD=SUM(PR@PERPRODLOC), will this be accepted by the system?

Regards,

Sourojit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In Alecs examaple, best would be to make a copy of planning level PERPROD to QRTPROD and remove the weeks and months.

Than your calculation PR@QRTPROD = SUM(PR@PERPROD) is correct and will work.

You should think about providing your Alert KF as well on QRTPROD level, but than the Alert could only be shown when working on quarterly level

The calculation will take into consideration what you have on quarterly bucket, not static but just aggregated

Yours

Irmi

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi for the clarification.

Thanks Alecsandra, this was really a something I learned now.

Regards,

Sourojit

Answers (0)