Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Rest webserive to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an Interface and flow is:

1)  Oracle wants to use REST web service to call SAP PI with key information ( wants to use REST adapter)

2)  SAP PI calls RFC bapi based upon Key information and retrieves the information from BAPI (RFC adapter)

3) SAP PI insert back into Oracle database( JDBC)

Note: this is an User demand interface, when ever user wants information then he calls PI using REST from Oracle.

My questions:

1) How Oracle calls PI with Rest webservice, Is their any specific URL to use for call PI?

2) What method they wants to use for call PI?

Please guide me on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Oracle might have some provision to call web service.

In this particular scenario PI will host the web service (SOAP to RFC scenario) so after completing the interface development you need to generate the WSDL and provide the URL to Oracle team.

Regards,

Apu Das

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

1) How Oracle calls PI with Rest webservice, Is their any specific URL to use for call PI?

Depending your PI version you can use the SAP rest adapter Configuring the Sender REST Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

2) What method they wants to use for call PI?

If you can use the Rest adapter, you can propose to use for example the get method. In this blog you have an example to expose a RFC module, but you can change it to expose the data from your DB:

Regards.