cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Web Dynapro Application to SAP Screen Personas

0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Can we customize the Screen of SRM Web Dynapro Application in Screen Personas?

If yes how do we do that.

One of the customer want to customize the screen of SRM process using Personas 3.0.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

chakri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Using Personas 3.0 for WebDynpro apps requires the component SAPUI 750 being installed.

If your NetWeaver basis is at least 740 SP08 then it is possible to only upgrade the SAP_UI component to 750, leaving the rest of the system on NW740, then WDA support will be available.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

It helpful info. for us.

Just wanted to check if you can share some documentation for the same.

Regards,

Chakri.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of SRM-specific Personas documentation.

Regarding WDA and Personas, this should help: SAP Screen Personas for Web Dynpro ABAP | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tamas

Thanks for the insights and also for pointing us in the right direction during the call few weeks back.

1. Just want to confirm your last point, we would be able to use Personas for any Web Dynpro for ABAP (WDA) applications, of course, with the noted limitations in the link you shared.

2. As this roll-out is new, do you think it would be stable enough for wide implementation roll-out potentially slated for Q3 or Q4 2016?

Thanks again for your help.

Best

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Yes, you can use SAP Screen Personas 3.0 on any Web Dynpro for ABAP applications, as long as you meet the minimum requirements. See also note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2050838 which has a detailed list of restrictions. If you are interested in a short call, send me a message and we can arrange for it.

Cheers,

Klaus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chakri

Please note as per the  what ive last heard from  SAP: screen personas are mainly for screens of ECC system .. and not SRM and they work for dynpro screen and not WEBDYNPRO ..

"Personas works only on Dynpro screens. This is the rendering technology used for the majority of SAP’s ERP (enterprise resource planning) screens. This means that Personas does not work on SAP SRM (supplier resource management), which relies on Web Dynpro, a different and newer screen rendering technology. It also does not work on SAP CRM (customer relationship management), which relies a third type of rendering technology."

However this is information what i read is  long timeback .. if there has been some changes in between then I am not too sure .. and I do not see jt updated anywhere ..

Refer to the transcript in the link below

Regards

Vinita