cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during executing the tp command 'tp CONNECT SID'; tp return code: '0232' , tp message: 'connect failed'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

During SP Upgrade using SPAM tool, we're facing the issue "Error during executing the tp command 'tp CONNECT SID'; tp return code: '0232' , tp message: 'connect failed'". ERP system runnning with MS SQL Database.

I assume that, the cause of the error would be, due to missing SAP register values in regedit (Register Editor). I maintianed these missing values but when I restart the SAP MMC console all these values are not available in regedit.

Do i don't have enough authorizations to make these changes? Or else, any other reasons for the cause of SPAM error? (see attached screenshots for more information)

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Experts,

Issue resolved after entering the missing SAP environment variables according to OSS note: 1023661 in Windows server.

Anyway, thank you for your ideas.

Best regards,

Sreenu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu

1. Check the SAP DBSL patch level is equal to kernel level? Check the Server pack of MS Sql server?

2. Check the STMS over all configurations?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

As I said, my issue is relating to the SAP note: 1023661.

What do you say?

Thanks,

Sreenu

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivasa,

First of all you must not change registry values unless it is mentioned in an SAP note and documents. It is done automatically when you are installing SAP.

Manually changing registry values does not help you.

For the problem you can check below things;

1- SAP and SQL Server are running. Goto STMS transaction. Overview of Systems. Select your system and from the menu SAP System Check transport tool. Does it give any error?

2- login to your server with sidadm user. and run R3trans -d. It must return 0 result. If it is not 0 then there must be a trans.log file in the currnt folder. Check that file content.

If you still have errors for 1 and 2 can you attach screenshots and  trans.log file.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yüksel,

I get the below error message in TMS under TP call:

DB connect Link to dataabse failed

Offline Call connect failed

Any ideas, to troubleshoot the isssue?

Maybe, SAP note: 1023661 is relveant to my issue which tells to add the missing SAP register key values in REGEDIT?

Thank you,

Sreenu