Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an idea for future SAP Inside Tracks

cyclingfisch_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi community,

after attending SIT in Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Walldorf this year, I have an idea for a new session format:

What do you think about sessions in a discussion format?

Just giving a topic with a very small intorduction e.g. "status quo of agile in SAP projects"

You would need a modorator and maybe two or three "experts" which prepare some thoughts in advance to start the discussion. If there are contrary opinions among the experts this would boost the discussion a bit.

We did that once at our internal developer convention. I really liked it.

I think this would be worth giving it a try. When do you ever have such an experienced group of SAP experts together?

Cheers Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are describing what used to be known as SAP Community Day.

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you have described is what happens at the Melbourne SIT days.

The setup is nothing formal; everyone calls out the subjects they want to discuss, and they get written on a whiteboard. The organiser, usually then takes a vote by hands or noise on the top 6 or so.

We then run the discussions, usually 2 at a time for about 30 minutes or an hour each (depending on how many there are, how many people, how much time...).  It is very informal. You attend which discussion you want, you can swap, there's no formal discussion leader (It's usually the person who who was most insistent on discussing the topic !!).

I don't know about other places, but two reasons it works for us ....

1)  We get a lot of the classic T skilled people; people who have wide knowledge outside their specialty. (maybe it's because Australia / New Zealand based sites tend to be smaller in head count, but just as sophisticated as anywhere else). This means a bit more "out-of-the-box" thinking on a particular subject.

2) The SIT day is always held on the Sunday immediately prior to Australia's Premier SAP technical conference, which always attracts a stellar cast of international and local speakers and attendees, and they provide invaluable insight.

The SIT day has been run in this format for years, under one name or another, and I'm sure sure there's more to making it work than I know, let alone have covered here. I have no idea if I have got the right @GrahamRobbo above; I'll ping him on twitter, as he's the brains behind the organisation of it.

hth

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely not the right Graham Robbo above.

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

i like the idea for such an discussion format!

One of the best things at this events is the direct discussion with experts, exchange of experiences and views.

So this starts yesterday a little bit on the edge of the marketplace sessions. So i find the idea very good to promote this exchange.

Cheers Marcel