Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering a characteristic value automatically based on another value

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello VC Experts.

Need to know in VC if I can trigger a characteristic value automatically for a particular characteristic if I select a value in another characteristic.

An example would be I have selected value 850 for my characteristic hardisk

Based on the above value selected. The second value should get automatically populated of another characteristic. In this case the value tower should come automatically. I am thinking it is possible using selection condition however just wanted to confirm with the experts if this can be done without any coding logic.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor

Hello Atul,

yes, it's possible: use a dependency (Procedure), saying

$SELF.CASING = 'TOWER' IF $SELF.HARDDISK = '850'

and allocate it inside the configuration profile.

Here the result:

having chosen '850' for HARDDISK, the Procedure is triggered and sets 'TOWER' for CASING.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

Thank you very much yes the scenario works perfectly well. One last query before I close this thread appreciate if you could let me know. Can this also be possible for Multiple values

Assuming if I have created another characteristic say RAM with values 8GB and 16GB

On selection of Hardisk 850 can both these values also get triggered along with the value tower for characteristic casing.

Kind Regards

Atul

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

you are welcome!

Yes, it should also work with multiple value characteristic, in the quoted example with something like that:

Thank you and regards,

Flavio

Answers (0)