Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario of Constraints in Restrictions not Working in Simulation

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created the following class.

The class contains the following characteristics values.

The object dependency code is written in the dependency net and saved without errors.

The object dependency is assigned to the configuration profile.

The dependency net is assigned to the configuration profile in cu42 transaction code.

When I try to simulate the scenario in cu50 transaction code the system does not throw any inconsistency message nor does the red symbol for constraints appear.

Please advice if I am missing out on any configurations.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

according to the way the constraint has been defined, the characteristic CASING value shall be chosen first, and it shall infer the value for the other characteristic HARDDISK.

Here, the trace output, resulting following the above:

that is, first the value 'MINI TOWER' has been selected in the characteristic CASING, then the constraint has been triggered that, in turn, is inferring the value '850' for HARDDISK.

The other way round, that is, select first a value for HARDDISK and then select an incompatible value for CASING will result in an inconsistency (for HARDDISK):

Could you please check in Trace that the constraint is correctly triggered?

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Please find my simulation screen shots below.

The first screen shot pertains to selecting the value

Next I select the second value which is 1620 for the character Hard disk.

However no luck the constraint does not get triggered. Screen shot of the trace which is activated.

Please advice further.

Kind Regards

Atul

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

indeed, in the trace here above, there is no indication of the constraint being triggered from user entry in the characteristic evaluation.

I do believe it has something to do with the constraint dependency status (not Released).

Could you please check it?

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

I changed my object dependency from the dependency net transaction code cu22 and clicked on basic data. Changed the same from locked to release and the constraint code worked. Thanks again for helping out.

Kind Regards

Atul

Answers (0)