cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Delivery split & Invoice split? - Currently it is happening based on customer group of line item on sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Delivery split is happening based on a different customer group at line item level.

For eg - If we have customer group "C" on all line items of a sales order and one item has a customer group "D", then system is splitting it to another delivery.

Now clients wants not to split deliveries based on customer group.

The copy control routine at item category level for Business Data field is "2" - Business Data. I tried with other routines too but no use.

Verified the SAP Note - 546668.

How can we stop splitting deliveries based on customer groups.

Thank you.

Kumar AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the business purpose of changing the customer group manually in the sales order on item level in this process?

If your customer does not wish to get delivery split, then the easiest solution would be not to change customer group manually in the document .  If this field is intended to be used for pricing or reporting- there are also other fields that can be used instead.

The split is triggered because of the deviating business data. KDGRP is part of the data copied in routine 002, so it seems logical that a delivery split would occur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the information below -

In our client system, customer group is one of the factor to determine the shelf life percentage. As the customer can request different shelf life requirements for different items, they can change the customer group in-order to get the required shelf life requirement.

If we keep splitting deliveries based on customer group, then we are creating multiple deliveries.

I tried with options for business data in copy control - 1, 101, 202 & blank. Nothing worked

Let me know if there is any other way that we can club all those materials/parts on one delivery.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards,

AK.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AK,

An alternative would be to let the Deliveries split and then create single Invoice for multiple Deliveries.

Since the Customer (and I assume all partners) is same for all the Deliveries, there should be no problem in clubbing all the possible Deliveries into single Invoice.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use the customer group to select specific pricing based on SLED requirement for a combination of customer and material or you expect some specific processing to occur - such as warehouse picking from a different storage type/storage bin, printouts etc?

Have you considered to use a different field instead of KDGRP?

KDGRP is copied to the delivery header - when you have different values in the sales order item - which one you would expect to get transferred?

Since the setting you mentioned is done per order item, it would make more sense to use a field that is transferred to LIPS - for example KDKG1-KDKG5 would not cause such issue.

Another option is to use a completely new z field, but then the development effort would be too high and the customer may not be willing to accept it.

It might be possible to fill KDGRP according to some custom logic, however, 1) this would defeat the whole purpose to use this specific field in VA01, in addition 2) it could have a serious impact on other processes, so I would not not recommend that.

There is a good note that explains the logic of delivery creation/delivery split - 399912 - Split analysis activation during delivery creation. I hope you will find it useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Even proforma invoice which got created with reference to delivery is also splitting for the item which is not having customer group.

Thank you.

AK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Veselina.

But this shelf life % should be transferred to EWM too inorder to pick the correct shelf life part.

We thought of putting this % on a Z-Field and copy to delivery line item so that all different shelf life items can be clubbed on a delivery.

We determined shelf life % by taking into consideration of "Customer group + Shelf life Category" which we maintain in the material master. For this combination a shelf life percentage is maintained.

When we are removing the customer group from the copying requirements - All line items are getting copied but as the customer group at delivery header is cleared hence non of the line items are carrying the shelf life percentage and the delivery gets distributed to EWM with out them.

Please share your thoughts.

Best Regards,

AK

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you need to transfer a field to an external system on delivery item level - KDGRP does not seem to be a good candidate.

The advantage of a completely new z-field is that you can define the field according to your needs. The disadvantage is that you need to add it to customer master (consider updating the master data upload programs, templates, existing customers); add logic to copy the pre-defaulted values to sales order on item level, logic to copy the updated field value to delivery item level, probably some additional development related to EWM will be needed as well. I prefer not to have too many z-fields in large tables such as vbap, lips etc., at least because with row-oriented databases the size increases substantially. If you can re-use an existing z-field from LIPS for this process that you do not use currently and fill it with a data transfer routine, it might be a bit better.

Probably I fail to understand the business case, because if SLED % depends on customer/material combination derived from the master data, then it would not be needed to change the customer group in the document, because you would simply calculate the value and transfer it with a routine to a LIPS field. If the users really need to have the option to override manually the custom logic during sales order creation, then maybe you can use in addition KDKG* for calculating the value as an alternative logic and then populate the data in LIPS. In this case you could re-use some of the custom development that you already have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy New Year,

Today I had a call with my client after holidays on this process change and they came back with a different requirement.

Even though if we remove the customer group from LIKP - Delivery header, it is fine for them but they want customer group to be captured on delivery may be on item or so as most of the EWM logic is based on the customer group.

Is there any possibility to capture it on item level of the delivery or so?

Best Regards,

AK.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, KDGRP is in LIKP, not in LIPS in standard systems.

This means that if you wish to have KDGRP values captured on item level (LIPS), you need to copy them to some z-field (probably with a routine in the copy control). Unfortunately this would mean additional development to pass the values from this z-field to EWM.

Have you double-checked with the EWM expert whether they would be able to process further the data if it is on item level and what would be the development effort from their side? Somehow I doubt that such change could work flawlessly without adjustments from both sides.

And have you discussed the gap with your solution architect? The whole story started because of a flaw in the initial solution design, there could be also other integration points to consider in this change request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Veselina,

We are proceeding with the option of changing the base design of the shelf life. Going to remove these master data maintenance on customer group.

With minor changes to the system, we are proceeding with this design.

Have a great day!

AK.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

AK,

check note 166397, basically you need to remove your customer group from ZUKRL

ash08830
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you share screen shot what you see?

AmanSharief
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Could you please elaborate more on different customer group at line item level??

Are you saying you have different ship to parties in a sale order for which there are different customer groups maintained??? If this is the case then your delivery gets split based on goods recipient(SH) and not on customer group..

Please clarify to assist better..

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Ship to party is one for all line items. The only difference at line item level is the customer group.

If there is any different customer group at line item level of the sales order then it is splitting the delivery.

Customer group field is available on sales B tab at the line item level. This item level customer group gets copied from sales order header customer group (if customer group is maintained at customer master level - it gets copied to the sales order header).

For eg :-

If all items are having "C" as a customer group except one item contains - "D" then it is splitting the delivery.

Please let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Kumar AK