cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerdesigner Portal - The CDM diagram is not showing the entity definition (shortcut)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sirs,

The company uses the version PowerDesigner 16.5 SP05 PL 03 and its Portal (web).

I have been trying to see, in the CDM Diagram that is published on the Portal, the definition (comment) of an entity that is an internal shortcut.

The entity definition is not showed, because it is a shortcut. But the definition of the entities that were created in the diagram (model) appears correctly.

Please, see the picture bellow. 

Could you help me ?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karla

This should work, so please provide some more information to help us help you.

• are you sure the shortcut entities actually have a comment? (an obvious question, so I have to ask)
  • when you look at the diagram using the client software, not the portal, do the shortcut entity symbols have comments displayed?
  • does your model have any model extensions attached to it that contain custom symbols for entities?
    • this would override your display preferences
  • which PD version are you using?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

See the answers below.

1) Looking at the repository.

Yes, the entity “PEP” has a comment. It is the source object, it means, it is used as an internal shortcut.

2)  Looking at the repository.

No. The shortcut entity does not display the comment.

I think that is the problem.

3) No, we don´t have model extensions attached to the model,  that contain custom symbols for entities.

4) PowerDesigner 16.5 SP05 PL 03 and its Portal (web).

Best Regards,

Karla Clemente

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you had both models open at the same time in the client recently? A shortcut contains a snapshot of the content of the original object, and that snapshot could possibly be out of date - you need to open both models at the same time to update the shortcut. I don't know if shortcuts are updated in the repository when you check in a model - that would be a great enhancement if they don't do it already.