cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to make ONE ABAP proxy act both as Client and Server proxy as below:

File ---> PI---> ABAP proxy --->PI ---> Target file

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You can. In your Inbound proxy class/ method after finish processing your logic call the Outbound proxy method and pass the data.

Thank you,

Justin.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Justin!

If both my PI scenarios are Asynchronized, then:

1. Which Service Interface to use to create the ABAP proxy?

2. After the Inbound process, how would the ABAP proxy know to go to the second PI scenario?

Blue

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

I am not sure what exactly the ABAP proxy is supposed to do. But, if first proxy code is written on Inbound Service interface and does some insert/update call.

then, the second proxy can be written over Outbound Service interface and some batch call or event may trigger it.

If you still want the proxy to be real-time with Request-Response synchronous messaging just use Async-Sync Bridge.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/03/27/bridges-construction-site-part-13...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/01/28/generic-pi-async-sync-bridge-conf...

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vikas.

Just want you know I am only creating ONE proxy here for both scenarios, and Service Interface to use to create the ABAP proxy?

Blue

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both my PI scenarios are Asynchronized, then:

1. Which Service Interface to use to create the ABAP proxy?

You need to generate the Proxy for both Inbound and Outbound. You will write your coding in the Inbound method. At the end of the Inbound method will call the Outbound Proxy. You don't write your coding on the Outbound proxy , all the coding is done in the Inbound Proxy.

Just as an example, at the of the Inbound proxy, you have to call the Outbound Proxy

*Call Proxy method and push the data

TRY.

CREATE OBJECT ME.

CALL METHOD me-> YOUR OUTBOUND INTERFACE NAME

output = lt_proxyheader.

COMMIT WORK.

CATCH CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT INTO lo_sys_exception.

lo_sys_exception->if_message~get_text( ).

ENDTRY.

2. After the Inbound process, how would the ABAP proxy know to go to the second PI scenario?

Because you are calling the Outbound Interface at the end of the Proxy method, it will call the PI with Outbound Interface. Then your PI will get the message and you can create the file using your second interface.

Both Interface should be Asynch Interface.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Justin.

I understand what to do now, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Blue

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes blue,

It is a very normal case of asynchronous abap proxy calls. In SAP PI you need to create both the Inbound and Outbound Service Interface as asynchronous.

In Sproxy inbound logic and outbound logic written on separate Service Interface respectively.

Regards,

Vikas