cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Role - insufficient privilege on GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE object

martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

I was trying to create a repository role. As I understand things, it should be possible for me to assign privileges to a repository role without my having to have the privileges first.

I tried to assign the role  'sap.hana.xs.ide.roles::Developer' (required for web IDE) to the repository role that I had just created.

I got this error message:

• (Security Editor) Changing 'MARCHAMB.Repository_Roles::Web_Dev_Workbench' role failed:
    404 - Could not grant privilege 'sap.hana.xs.ide.roles::Developer' role since you insufficient privilege on 'GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE' object

I configured an authorization trace but I didn't find any entries in that trace.

• Do I simply need more privileges? Which ones?
  • Are there certain roles that cannot be assigned to other roles? Which ones?

• Could I assign the IDE developer role to a repository role if I used _SYS_REPO or perhaps another system user?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
martin_chambers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinvasan,

are you implying that even using the graphical user interface in the Web IDE, I need the object privilege GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE if I wish to assign a role to my repository role?

My impression was that this should not be necessary.

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Repository roles are owned by _SYS_REPO. Hence you need to have privilege for GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE to assign these roles to any user/roles. It doesn't matter how you are assigning it.

Regards,

Nitesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please also see:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/Troubleshooting+SAP+HANA+Privileges+and+Authorisations

This could come useful in the future.

BR

Michael