cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Related Billing -Minimum no of hours in Debit memo request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have scenario where we are selling a service with material. If customer opt for service and we want to charge him for minimum of 5 hours of service. Might be in CAT entry is only 2 hours.

While running DP91 system should pick 5 hours and it should over right CAT entry of 2 hours.

Business cycle is CJ20N/VA01/ CATS/DP91/DMR/VF04

We have checked condition types where we can maintain minimum price for material but we want to achieve it by minimum hours in debit memo request.

Let me know if you need any further inputs.

Kindly suggest.

DJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

In my mind this is not a resource billing scenario, besides you can't overwrite to CATS record, if it is already confirmed.

It is a cost plus scenario where you can achieve that easier with SD Billing. i.e. when you are selling a material, then have an additional condition type in the pricing for the service hours. That way you will be able to bill the customer the desired service hours.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Dave.

Yes, we are using RRB in this process. Let me detail it out here.

We are creating a project and using WBS while running the CATS entries.

While creating a sales order we are using DIP profile and assigning same WBS in sales order, in sales order we are entering the standard material and the contracts dates.

With reference to this sales order and line item we are maintaining condition records in VK11 for consulting charges and this charges are populating in DMR while running the DP91.System is picking no of hours from CATS entry and consulting charges from VK11 records.

The new requirement is, how to overwrite CATS hours in DMR while saving DMR system should pick minimum hours and not CATS hours and calculate the net value for this line item with minimum hours.

I have used PMIN condition and we are able to get minimum value for this line in DMR but we need to use minimum hours. So that system should calculate pricing based on minimum hours not based on CATS hours which we are telling our client that we charging him for minimum hours and not actual hours.

We don’t want to use service hours with material line item.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Thanks.

DJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your Sales Order pricing procedure use a user exit to set the minimum quantity.  Use transaction VOFM to define the code, than apply it in the pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks. We are also exploring the routine options as well.

Regards,

DJ

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

You have option to change pricing and manual item category and maintain Minimum pricing.

check for any custom change.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks.We don't want to change manual hours in line item (not giving access to user to change) that's why we are looking for some solution so that system should populate the minimum hours comparing to CATS hours.I have  checked  minimum price condition that is for net value.

Kindly let me know if there is any custom change option.

Thanks.

DJ

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

You have to check for custom enhancement to check actual posting and if less than minimum than system should bill according to condition.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks a lot.

Could you share some more details on custom enhancement to actual posting.As I was trying to figure it out more details but could not get much.

Thanks.

DJ

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

try for below exits with help of ABAP Consultant

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks a lot.Let me check with ABAer and update you.

Regards,

DJ

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

Agree with Sunil, need to have an enhancement. In this enhancement you should have a table, by material/service and minimum hours entered, once RRB runs it checks the CATS hours and this table therefor determines the min. hours. I think this should be the approach.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions and checking  on it with Abaper.

Regards,

DJ