cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule available time for communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario to send file to partner system. The file is generated nightly from our ECC system at night between 1:00am and 4:00am.

I'd like to configure the file sender CC as only available (active) between 1:00 am and 4:00am daily and configure the adapter to try to pick up the file every 5 minutes.

I thought the available time (between 1:00 am and 4:00am daily) can be configured in Communication Channel Monitor in PI 7.0 or 7.1. Now we have PO 7.40. When I go to Communication Channel Monitor, it seems it's not possible to configure the sender CC in that way  (between 1:00 am and 4:00am daily). When I go to Availability Planning, Only 4 options (once, daily, weekly and monthly) are available for Availability Time, you can't specify the time period within each day when the CC is active.

Also when I go to Availability Times, it also doesn't allow me to specify time period within each day when the CC is active.

Any comments on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

Switch Control Data of your CC to Automatic mode, and then go for ATP.

Regards,

Souvik

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

>>>it also doesn't allow me to specify time period within each day when the CC is active.

Can you explain what do you mean when the comm.channel is active?

Thnx

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

Refer the link shared by Ram and configure multiple ATP based on the requirement.

KarthikBangeraM
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

the post you referred to does not contain much information.

FYI, I've already gone through SAP Help. Exactly as in SAP Help, there is no way to configure time period.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/ad6cfeb5492a86e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to chose daily and set as below .. once planning is done make sure you have set the channel as automatic.