Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error but no information about ONS1021

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to push some channel to specific client but client not get channels material ( dome pdf dopcument. sendlist)

I get this error:

ONS1021: Did not receive a valid response to the Run Channel Command from the Client, "d4e72489d74f3093", with Client GUID, "{e8fc069b-c726-39b2-b4ff-bbe6544b0415}", and Address "10.40.1.212". Read only 0 bytes when expecting 4 bytes

I searched KB and this forum but not a familiar information about this problem.

Can you help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tevfik,

What service pack level are you running?  This sounds like an issue we corrected in Service Pack 7.  This is not a common error, it almost always has to do with network responsiveness.  If you are not yet on SP7 or 8 can you possibly update to ensure that you are seeing this on current code?

Tracy Barkley

Sr TSE

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Honestly I dont have test environment.

And I get ONS error very seldom

For example, now I delete the client and re-enroll and push channel without error

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Well I am glad it is a low volume issue.  What client type is this?  More or less what this error means is that the information being sent to the client isn't fully received.   It could be a buffer issue, or some other problem with the outbound communication.  Have you tried rebooting the Afaria server to clear the error?

Tracy

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My clients are fully android tablets

There is 765 client. Sometimes have to push app or session policy. So then I can face with bottleneck sometimes about BW or buffer etc.

I really need fine tune about BW throttling, caching and outbound notification.

And, nowadays dont restart afaria server.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In that case I would recommend tweaking the flow control settings.  I would try halving the number of connections over the same period.  It can be adjusted up and down if there are still errors but that is a good starting point.   The system may be close to the maximum it can handle when you do a full push and that could be causing this issue.  On the server >configuration>outbound notification, set the high water to ~250 and the low water to 200 and the max per time period to 300 and give that a try.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx. I will try and observe it. What about BW throttling? Do I have to set it? necessarily?

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This doesn't seem like a BW throttling issue, this more looks like overloading the IP stack.   Try the flow control for now, and we can investigate the throttling if you are having a lot of packet retries on your network.

Tracy

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My SP level is 5.

While upgrade from SP4 to SP5 I got too many problems. Thats why I am hesitated to upgrade.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I underdstand but SP5 had a lot of changes in it, where the Sp5 to SP7 jump is less difficult.   Do you possibly have a QA environment where you can test the update?

How often do you see the ONS message?

Tracy