SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS from PO

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have 2 question. I use period wise budget using fund ( I created 12 fund for each month ) and release budget from FMMPRELE. Our fiscal year is from January to December. If I created a PO in 15.01.2015 with delivery date that has 20.03.2015, which month's budget reduce???? January?? March ?? I think budget of March reduce in case. If I am correct, When GR is coming inventory account will be updated and budget will reduce again. We derive DUMMY commitment item and fund center for GR/IR account.

question 1 - Does BSC check same purchasing document number up to the IR? I mean the system reduces only one time for same purchasing document.

question 2 - Can you explain how is working BCS above case?

Thans a lot

Yasin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on your update profile (OF37) and specific settings you made (if any) in OF39. Impact of GR on FM is determined in OFUP settings, but in any case it won't reduce the budget again on top of PO's consumption.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. BCS is budgetary system of FM. It has nothing to do with core process of actual/commitment registry in PSM-FM.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on your update profile (OF37) and specific settings you made (if any) in OF39. Impact of GR on FM is determined in OFUP settings, but in any case it won't reduce the budget again on top of PO's consumption.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. BCS is budgetary system of FM. It has nothing to do with core process of actual/commitment registry in PSM-FM.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thank for your qucik reply.

My update profile is 000102 and i just defined only value type 50 in OF39 with statistically. Payment budget with posting date and open item updated with periodically in OF39. Finally in OFUP MM Invoice recipt selected. Accordingly what Can you say for my first post??

Thank you very much

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means, that for PO it's posting date, which will define FM posting period. And GR will not have any impact on FM; only IR will.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Eli

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

As I said at first post, we use fund for monthly budget. When I entry a document from FI I derive fund from posting date to fund. It works nice. But How can I derive fund  When I create PO in ME21N. I need budget control according to delivery date. I added field in structure FMDERIVE in AFMDERIVE LIKP-LFDAT. But the system didnt derive fund. Do you have any advice about this issue?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

If you need budget control according to delivery date, you have to modify your FM update profile (OF39).

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

My update profile is 000102, value type is 51 statistical update is not tick. When I tick delivery date in OF39 the system as below:

Posting date must be used for update of value type 000102 update profile.

Diagnosis

FM areas with assignment to the update profile must have all their value

types defined as 'posting date' on the ledger level when activating to

period-based encumbrance tracking (PBET) on the ledger level.

Procedure

Find all the FM areas using the update profile in transaction 'OF37'.

Use transaction OF36 to ensure that all value types in the FM area(s)

are using 'posting date' for the ledger that is being activated to PBET.

0 Kudos

You have to change also PBET setting and fix it on annual basis

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am taking same error in OF36 also.

"Posting date must be used for update of value type 000102 update profile"

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

By the way, we use period based as using multi year budget.

Thank you

0 Kudos

This two things - budget by period and PBET - are not connected. Please, read about PBET on SCN forum or on help.sap.com

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli

Very useful informaton for me.