Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Carrier Assignment to Shipments

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a requirement to automate the carrier assignment to shipments.

We want to change the way a carrier is assigned to a shipment. Currently it is manual and we would like to automate it.

Please could anyone guide me if there is a standard approach for this or any other enhancement options. How to go ahead with this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

AL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign carrier as a partner to Sold-to and if it's just 1-to-1 then it'd be proposed automatically in the order and should be copied over to the consequent documents (as configured). If there are multiple carriers assigned then the users will be prompted to select one from the list. It's a standard partner determination functionality.

If there is more complex logic involved then, naturally, you'd have to do some custom programming.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena for the reply.

Could you guide me further on this?

1. Do I need to create a service Vendor in MM

2. Supposing it is 1-to-1 what is the configuration required so that a forwarding agent is proposed automatically in the order.

Best Regards,

AL

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being an old member, you should be knowing SCN rules where it has been very clearly mentioned that before posting any query, one should search SCN.  Jelena has already guided the way you need to follow and after this, it is up to you to check the system configuration for partner determination.  Coming to your query, yes you need to create vendor via XK01

G. Lakshmipathi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Partner determination is SD 101, so it seems rather odd that an ABAPer would need to guide an SD professional (I presume) on this. There is documentation in SPRO and plenty of  materials available online. Surely you know how to use Google.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Well Jelena, thanks for that. You rightly guessed that I am a SD professional but I wasn't actually asking for partner determination settings. Maybe I put up the question in a wrong way. But thanks anyway for your support. I appreciate that.

I am closing this thread. Will open a new one since I have some new requirement come up from the customer for this.

Best Regards,

AL

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are good blogs on SCN on how to ask better questions: e.g. this one and this one. If someone just asks "how do I do X?" it leads most people to assume that this someone is too lazy to read documentation or to google their question. If it's not the case then asking more specific questions, e.g. "I need to achieve X and have tried A and B but am getting error C", etc. Good question is 80% of the answer, from my experience.

Answers (0)