cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Data Collection on Relaxed Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we currently have an issue with Data Collects on Relaxed Routing.

We setup a DC Group with one Boolean Parameter (YES/NO) and attached it to an Operation.

We Process a SFC at this Operation with an SFC Quantity of 17,

we start and collect Data for a single QTY, when trying to complete the single QTY ME throws the following Error Message "There are 1 required data collection parameter values missing for SFC "1547863" (Message 15246).

There are no other Data Collects attached at this Operation or within this routing.

DC520 Rule "CHECK_CURRENT_OPER_ONLY" is set to "YES", System rule "Allow Multiple Data Collection" is set to "TRUE".

We did a Database-Trace to see what check might fail, but couldn't determine the root cause however it appears that there is no real link between a qty of an sfc and the data colllect which was executed.

Two questions are rising from this situation:

1. Are Data Collects intended to work in this scenario?

2. How can we determine the root cause for this specific issue?

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Christian

1. yes this is supported - see the How-to-Guide on the wiki

2. open a support ticket - DC520 has had some issues with false detection of missing data. It may not even be missing from this operation, in spite of the DC520 Rule setting

Stuart

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

The guide mentioned by Stuart says:

"The relaxed flow routings do not work with all SAP ME scenarios. Unless specifically mentioned as supported in this document, then relaxed flow and non-serialized processing are not supported with the activity/action in SAP ME. In most cases, SAP ME will allow the action with non-serialized SFCs, but the results may be ambiguous."

And DC520 is not mentioned in it.

Anyway, a support incident would be a good option to investigate this scenario deeply and actually update the how-to guide to mention the DC520 or to add this scenario to Limitations section.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the clarification. We advised our client to create an OSS Ticket in regards to this issue.

Br,

Christian