cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Task not created after Quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured inbound process with quality inspection. I didnt use POSC but instead LOSC. I configured step QIS with warehosue process type 3060 for the warehouse. Everything is already set up and I am able to perform usage decision. However after usage decision, putaway task is not created. The handling unit does not go from inbound section to outbound section of the workcenter.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with missing configuration. I hope someone can help me point out possible ares for investigation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the responses. I managed to make it work without POSC. In the follow up action in quality management configuration, I configured the process type 1011(putaway with QI) under IOT4. With this the HU automatically goes from IB section  to OB section via LOSC and automatically creates the putaway task.

REgards,

John

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I didnt use POSC but instead LOSC"

WHY would you do that???

" However after usage decision, putaway task is not created"

If you have used LOSC, the creation of the next WT is not depending on the usage decision, but should be already there.

"The handling unit does not go from inbound section to outbound section of the workcenter"

Have you covered that in your LOSC? I am not even sure if this is meant to work at all.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You have to activate ID point or Check Point for LOSC if you don't want make use of POSC.

However if you want system to create HU WT then you have to go with POSC.

Layout-Oriented Storage Control - SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) - SAP Library

Process-Oriented Storage Control - SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) - SAP Library

BR,

Olet

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can't expect the automatic WT creation after completing the QIS step in work center. since it is not possible to complete the process step for HU in WC without POSC.

If you try to complete the HU, you can get the error as below.

Only HUs with storage process can be completed

Message no. /SCWM/UI_PACKING130

you can create WT manually to move the product for put away. this is the only option.

C K Reddy