Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sender channel - Information required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to send emails through XI in the following scenarios :

1. Once the IDOCS are posted to the target system. In this case, we need to send a report (as attachment file - MS Excel sheet) through email

2. In case of errors/exceptions in XI such as mapping errors etc.,

Please give pointers to the usage of email channel in XI, including sending an attachment. Also, please let me know as to how to construct a MS Excel spreadsheet in XI.

I appreciate your reply.

Regards

Nagaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1. Once the IDOCS are posted to the target system. In this case, we need to send a report (as attachment file - MS Excel sheet) through email</b>

From the target system u may think for writing a report which will send the data in an excel format or u may use a BPM step in which the first send step will send the idoc to target and based on the acknowledgement u may use another send step(mail dapter) which u mail on the same. you can try on that

<b>2. In case of errors/exceptions in XI such as mapping errors etc.,</b>

configure alerts for the same. u will be able to send mail to external id's also. for this u need to configure SCOT also if not done

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Please give pointers to the usage of email channel in XI, including sending an attachment.

have a look at my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

>>>>Also, please let me know as to how to construct a MS Excel spreadsheet in XI.

have a look at my blog (it's an example):

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

you can do the same with conversion agent of your own java adapter module

(for file adapter) - much better approach then my example

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>