cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP installation isse - sap instance start error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install sap ecc 60u ides. During start instance (22nd step of installation) sap couldn't start .

sapinst log says:

INFO 2007-04-22 09:02:55

State of instance TE2/DVEBMGS00 changed from ABAP: STARTING to ABAP: STARTING.

ERROR 2007-04-22 09:02:55

CJS-30105 Instance TE2/DVEBMGS00 reached state UNKNOWN after having state STARTING. Giving up.

The error in the SAP MMC is, Database: > ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

After all debugging / changing so many entries in tables etc.

sqlplus / - works fine

sqlplus /@te2 - works fine

Now I got the error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified, sap

but sqlplus sapte2/password@te2 gives the above error.

I changed the pw for sapte2 using brconnect and directly inserting into db table.

r3trans -d - works fine as well.

It could connect /@te2 to get the pw for sapte2 and could successfully connect to oracle using sapte2/pw@te2.

I am totally lost and gone mad. Could anyone help? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is solved and SAP is up and running. The issue was, the sap service user was created in oracle with password. But it should have been created 'as identified by externally'.

Thanks guys for all your help in this.

Regards,

Sundar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

I am facing the same problem while installing CI. SAPService<SID> is unable to connect to database server .Can you tell me what did you do exactly?

Thanks and Regards

Rajdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

fixed the issuue

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please always provide solution when you find it yourself, this will be useful for others that may hit the same problem