cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Organize the Transport Requests in SAP RDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are developing a solution for Warranty Management for Automotive Industry.

We are developing the entire solution configuration in the form of SAP Transport Requests.

So we would like to deploy this solution by using the SAP TR's in the customer system.

So the question here is " How can we organize our Transport Requests in SAP Rapid Deployment Solution "

Can anyone of you please guide us, thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VinodSrinivasan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Are your transports all customizing transport requests or some of them are workbench as well? I presume there is no ABAP code that you are shipping as a part of your transport, correct?

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod Srinivasan,

Basically our solution contains both Customizing requests & workbench requests.

Customizing requests contains all the functional configuration where as

Workbench requests contains the ABAP Source code required for the solution.

So can you please guide us how can we organize the SAP TR's in SAP RDS.

VinodSrinivasan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

For customizing requests, we have the possibility to use BC-Sets along with Solution Builder to apply it in a customer system. However, because your complete solution can only be deployed with both workbench and customizing requests, my recommendation is that your RDS content should contain documentation only, which means you have Business Process Documentation, Scope item definition, Technical requirements (pre-requisites), Configuration Guides etc. similar to a standard SAP RDS.

In case, a customer is interested to deploy it, they can contact you to deploy the transports. SAP does not deliver ABAP workbench transports in their standard RDS deliverables. If we have any ABAP Code, then we document this in our configuration guides to be manually applied by customers today.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Vinod.

Can you please tell me how to create the SAP RDS for our solution.

Is there any pre-defined tool available from SAP

can i have any doc or link or a video which describes how to create a SAP RDS

VinodSrinivasan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Please reach out to me at vinod.srinivasan@sap.com and I can provide you more information on this topic.

Thank you.

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Thanks for the information & i will reach you to the specified email id.

Answers (0)