cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Predictive Analytics Trial on HCP Trial - Insufficient Privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm testing SAP Predictive Analytics. Therefore I'm using the downloadable trial version of SAP Predictive Analytics and I try to make it work with data on the HCP trial landscape. The connection via tunnel works fine. I can see my tables, views and schemas.

But when I open Expert Analytics and try out logistic regression in the predict pane, I get the error SAP DBTech [258]: Insufficient privilege: Not authorized.

The error log suggests that Predictive Analytics tries to run PAL functions. For example: call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator

I know that I have to rewrite this function call when using the HCP trial. Maybe this is the reason for the error?

My questions is, whether it is possible to work with SAP Predictive Analytics Trial on HCP Trial.

Thank you guys,

Lennart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lennart, this tutorial from Hana Academy shows you how to setup the tunel and it does analytics with tweeter data. The full series is quite useful to test the Hana Cloud Trial and analytics, I used it, it is quite straightforward.

SAP HANA Academy - Live3: Setup SAP HANA Cloud Connector - Resources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0gHqaf2Rvw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lennart,

I have a HCP trial account with a HANA database, on which I have data.

I want to access this data from SAP Predictive Analytics and I've seen that you managed to do it with a tunnel :

Lennart Heuckendorf wrote:

I'm testing SAP Predictive Analytics. Therefore I'm using the downloadable trial version of SAP Predictive Analytics and I try to make it work with data on the HCP trial landscape. The connection via tunnel works fine. I can see my tables, views and schemas.

That's exactly what I'm looking for and I couldn't find any way to do it. Could you explain me how you did that ? I don't know how to configurate the cloud connector and the odbc...

thanks,

Mohamed AL ANI

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The SAP Cloud documentation includes a chapter on Opening a Database Tunnel that should help.

SAP HANA Cloud Platform

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Update - HCP trial now supports SPS10:

That said, I am not sure if this will fix the problem.

Best regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

no, the problem is not fixed with SPS10 on the HANA trial landscape.

However, Predictive Analytics (not Expert Analytics!) is able to work with the trial landscape. Isn't this using the same PAL functions?

Kind regards,

Svenja

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Svenja,

Could you please elaborate further?

SAP Predictive Analytics is made of two different user interfaces, Automated Analytics and Expert Analytics.

Which one exactly is working, what exactly is failing?

For the one working, please detail (quickly) the process you followed to get your connection working? (if Automated Analytics I would assume creating the tunnel connection to the trial instance + setting up the HANA ODBC driver)

APL and PAL are two different SAP HANA libraries. 

APL can be leveraged by Automated Analytics and models can be delegated to APL in case the data source is SAP HANA (+ certain other prerequisites but keeping it short here).

APL/PAL algorithms (as well UDF/OFL/Sentiment Analysis capabilities) can be leveraged by Expert Analytics.

PAL is present as part of the HCP trial landscape but not APL as far as I know.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

correct, I meant Automated Analytics is working fine with the trial landscape.

We use the HDBODBC driver and neo tunnel to connect to HCP trial, and we can read data, create models and write them in the HANA DB. For expert analytics, we can only read data from the DB, but we cannot create models. This is the error Lennart reported.

I was just assuming they are both using PAL in the background. Anyway, it would be cool if we could not only try Automated Analytics but also Expert Analytics with HCP trial 🙂

Thanks,

Svenja

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Agreed 🙂

As a side-note on what is APL and the model delegation, I'll recommend to you these readings

Best regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lennart,

My current understanding is that what you are trying to achieve is not possible.

Maybe you can raise an idea in our idea place to get user base traction?

https://ideas.sap.com/PredictiveAnalytics

Best regards,

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please have a look if the two posts below help?

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/cloud-platform/blog/2015/08/30/how-to-avoid-jdbc-258-i...

I'll search a bit more.

Thanks

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Another related discussion here:

This is also related to SAP HANA Cloud Platform Developer Center

hence mentioning that space from here, in case some experts can further help.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine,

thank you very much! Your links are suggesting that I can change code and therefore can change

CALL SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator

to

CALL "HCP"."HCP_AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR"

Which would be required when running PAL on HCP Trial. But as far as I know I can not change the code in SAP Predictive Analytics. It would kind of go against the automation aspect of this product?

Please let me know if there is something wrong with my logic.

Thanks a lot and best,

Lennart

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Spot on !

The error is exactly happening at the moment of the call

2015/12/11 09:34:12.651000|>>|S| |14588|  41| |||||||||||||||<------------------------Beginning Batch: 3----------------------->

2015/12/11 09:34:12.651000|>>|S| |14588|  41| |||||||||||||||call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator('DEV_5ZF774XFV5OZL0JDUQLEV24CX_PAS2_1_LOGISTICREGRESSION','AFLPAL','LOGISTICREGRESSION',PAS2_1_PDATA_BUILD_MODEL);

2015/12/11 09:34:12.651000|>>|S| |14588|  41| |||||||||||||||call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator('DEV_5ZF774XFV5OZL0JDUQLEV24CX_PAS2_1_FORECASTWITHLOGISTICR','AFLPAL','FORECASTWITHLOGISTICR',PAS2_1_PDATA_PREDICT);

2015/12/11 09:34:12.651000|>>|S| |14588|  41| |||||||||||||||<---------------Finished Batch: 3 with 2 statements--------------->

2015/12/11 09:34:12.682000|>>|E| |14588|  41| |||||||||||||||error executing scriptSAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

I am looping in and team to see if they can help further with this.

Can you please indicate the version of SAP Predictive Analytics you are using?

What is your HCP user?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine,

thank you so much for your guidance!

I downloaded SAP Predictive Analytics 2.4 - Trial Available.

My HCP user is p1941781042trial, I guess you are asking for the p-user?

Thank you,

Lennart

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok - so the p-user I guess is a default trial user. Do you know by chance or have a way to check to which HANA revision the HCP trial corresponds to (I guess you would have to use HANA Studio or a similar HANA development tool for doing so)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the p-user is a default trial user.
HANA version (DB) is 1.00.85.00.397590 if that is what you are asking for.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks, in theory we do not support revision 85 of SAP HANA with PA 2.4.

Anyway I suspect the problem here might be a different one so worth looking at.

Do you know if it is possible to upgrade the HCP instance to a more recent revision?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lennart,

From the error log it can be a permission issue.

Could you please check if HANA user has following permissions:

Granted Roles:

AFL__SYS_AFL_AFLBFL_EXECUTE

AFL__SYS_AFL_AFLPAL_EXECUTE

AFLPM_CREATOR_ERASER_EXECUTE

Object Privileges:

AFL_WRAPPER_ERASER

AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR

Regards,

Gabor

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good point - my assumption here is that all these rights are natively part of the HCP platform due to the native PAL integration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabor,

thanks a lot for you reply! I can use PAL / AFL functions like the Wrapper Generator in HCP Trial by using CALL "HCP"."HCP_AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR"

These functions are created especially for the HCP Trial Landscape therefore permission issues are to be expected when running the usual PAL / AFL commands like CALL SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator.

If SAP Predictive Analytics is only using these commands to run the functions on HANA, then I guess there is no way to work with SAP PRedictive Analytics on HCP Trial?

Thank you,

Lennart

Former Member
0 Kudos

HCP gets updated monthly as I found out here: How to apply SPS10 to HCP Trial? | SCN

There is not that much I can do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lennart,

As far as I know in SAP Predictive Analytics there is no any configuration option which could modify afl_wrapper_generator call in low level.

Regards,

Gabor

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it then fair to say that the scenario that Lennart wants to achieve is currently not supported?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not familiar with HCP trial, its limitation and possible configurations.

Maybe a HANA expert could help on this.

Thanks,

Gabor