cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Preview with input parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to do a data preview on a calculation view. I am getting 0 results because there is a filter in the calculation view that is looking for the $$client$$

How can i specify a $$client$$ when doing a data preview in HANA Studio?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I imagine you're getting 0 results because your calc view is probably set to session client, meaning it will get the client set by the application or by the database user.

You could just set it as mentioned here: Default Client Values - SAP HANA Modeling Guide for SAP HANA Web Workbench - SAP Library

For your scenario, if you really need to have a input-parameter for that, you could set it as cross-client and create an IP to filter the CLIENT column of your sources.

By the way: there are lots of discussions regarding this topic here (and in the official doc) already.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thank you for the response. The calculation view is set as cross client and the calculation view is a standard delivered by SAP. Is it the only way that i will copy the view into my own package and make the input parameter? Any other ways of avoiding copying and changing the calcaulation view in order to preview the data?

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not exactly sure what you meant, but you can surely copy views into other packages. Good-old ctrl+c ctrl+v will work.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Answers (0)