cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Cost on Project reporting/displayed under Planned Revenue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I am currently working on manually setting up a functional PS module without activating the standard best practices for an industry. At the moment, I am faced with a material assignment problem, which I would like the house to help out with.

Please find screen shots with descriptions.

1. I have built a simple Project Plan with a material assigned (Cost 1,000,000) and an internal activity with rate 29,865 Per Hour for 1 Hour.  My expected total project planned cost should be 1,029,865. The problem with the material aspect is that it does not show up under project planned cost in my report but instead it shows up under  Project Planned revenue.

Kindly help me identify whats missing in my configuration.

• I have highlighted the project Plan with material assigned
    • See Screen shots for different material tabs
  • Assigned my Internal Activity which has a rate define in KP26
  • Save my project and ran the overview report CN41

Please note that I  do not have this issue on a different system that has the standard building blocks already activated. I have compared both systems trying to find the missing setting without success yet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Emeka,

Please check the Value categories define and and assignment configuration in OPI1 and OPI2 tcodes. Your Revenue value category might include the Cost elements. If so, then remove the cost elements from revenue value category and assign them under cost value category. The best way to keep them in line the value categories is to use cost element groups fro revenue, cost etc.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave,

Resolved!

Apparently, due to my poor FICO knowledge, I replicated entries from the functioning system where the building blocks were activated, without confirming if the cost element groups i assigned actually existed. Reviewed the cost element group as recommended, made the right definitions, so its fine now.

On a different note, do you have documentations you can share that can enable someone like me with majorly a logistics background to understand the FICO side (costing variants, value categories, settlement, etc) of project systems?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

Please check value Categories their might be possibility that any cost elements are marked as revenue elements.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Sunil.

Highly appreciated

Do you have documentations you can share that can enable someone like me with majorly a logistics background to understand the FICO side (costing variants, value categories, settlement, etc) of project systems?

Regards

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

you should go through PLM220 and PLM 230 books from SAP or refer SAP Help for detailed description of each and every topic.

thanks

Sunil

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Emeka,

Glad to hear, my suggestion is also utilizing SCN in a full sense, where you will find tons of information regarding the PS, costing and other subjects.

All the best,

Dave