cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I have changed the system's password the -resetUserSystem option but...

0 Kudos

Hi I have changed the system password the -resetUserSystem but HanaStudio still fails to connect against the hana DB

Any Idea ?

Many Thanks

Emmanuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Are you using Single Tenant or Multitenant DB?  Also what is your SPS level for HANA?

0 Kudos

Hi Giridhara,

It is single tenant DB and HDB version returns 1.00.102.00.1442292917

Thx for your help

Emmanuel

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, if its an MDC system then you should follow this article here instead:

Resetting the SYSTEM User Password in Multitenant Database Containers - SAP HANA Administration Guid...

Give it a try

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinot

Your not providing any valuable details here. What did you exactly did and what are error are you facing now?

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

0 Kudos

First I have shutdown the DB with HDB stop

Then restarted the hdnameserver and the hdbcompileserver in background mode.

Then restarted the indexserver with the comand line option -resetUserSystem

After changed the password, I stopped  all the processe and restarted the instance with HDB start,and everything went fine

Then when trying to connect to the instance with hanastudio either hdsql the connection fails

At connection time with the SYSTEM user Hanastudio says 'invalid username or password'

Note : From hanaStudio the <sid>adm connection works fine

From hddbslq I got the SQLSTATE 28000,  the connect sting is

\c -i 00 -n 10.9.39.148 -d HA1 -u system -p HANAmanager2

The HANA instance runs on manson

Thanks for you help

Emmanuel

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you 100% positively sure you followed this document - Reset the SYSTEM User's Password - SAP HANA Administration Guide - SAP Library ?

If so, you should double check your connection details. As far as I know there's no real issue with that. It's just a matter of following the document.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

0 Kudos

Hi Lucas

I have made a new test y strictly applying the mentioned document but still the same result

It sounds to not be a story of procedure ... which means  the root cause should be quite subtle.

Just in case I also tried to set password_lock_to_system_user = false in the ini file of the index

server but it did not changed anything

Thanks

Emmanuel